1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Icon Abba Stand Adapters

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Gandalf, Jul 7, 2020.

1. I have an Abba stand which i used with my 821 Hypermotard. I am replacing the Hyper with a Scrambler Icon and according to the Abba website I need adapters to use the stand. As I live out in Vietnam importing small things like this is a royal PITA with customs clearance and associated run-around with a real chance of the kit going missing.

Is there anyone on here that uses the Abba stand with an Icon who would be kind enough to measure the two pins for me with a pic or two so I can get them made up somewhere locally?

Cheers,

Jac.

PS. Ignore the flag :yum the VPN confuses the system endlessly...

2. Can't help with the sizes. Could someo e send you a set as a gift? Would that make customs easier? Its what the Chinese do when they send stuff over to Europe and as long as it is normal mail I have never paid any duty or tax. I'm happy to help with posting them to you if you wanted to do that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks! I am afraid that doesn't work here. I have twig we ended up paying duties on actual gifts. What is worse is that in the absence of an invoice you then get screwed over for the actual value. The main problem is the process here.

4. That's ............ Not very nice. Sorry I can't help. I have a Abba but not the adapters you seek.

5. No problem, thanks for your response! Having lived here for almost 20 years I have found a workaround for most things, but Covid has made a mess of most of these as no one can travel in or out of country. Will have to see if I can reverse engineer a pair.

Cheers, Jac

7. Problem sorted. I sent a short message to Abba via their website explaining my situation and the sent me the dimensions so that I could make up a pair!

Really good of them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information