1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abba Stand For Hypermotard?

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by hyper95, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Hello all,

I've been searching for a 2nd hand Abba stand for my hyper, but upon further research found that hypers use a different stand (wider structure stand) to the rest of the bikes. I recall speaking to someone in Abba several weeks ago and they mentioned that the only difference for the hyper was that you needed the specific side pins that engage on the bike and some re-usable cable ties (as the footpegs interfered with the stand), hence why i was lookig into 2nd hand stands. I'm guessing they might've changed the design to avoid having to use cable ties?

Has anyone got an abba stand for their hyper? Maybe they could shine some light on the topic.

I'm open to alternative stands suggestions too. The reason for going for the abba stand is that you can get the rear or the front wheel off the ground using the same stand (given you've got the extension arm too).

2. I've just bought an Abba Superbike stand with front lift arm, and the stand has no set width as such, as one side of the stand is free to move, to engage the right hand side locating pin. So you just buy the stand with the Hyper kit as far as I'm aware??

I just been on Abba stands website, and selected superbike stand and the Hypermotard is on the list ??

#2 Wayne58, Jul 20, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2018
  3. When I went to the Abba website to purchase just the fitting kit for my Hyper (821 - 2013), which I would have to buy if I get a 2nd hand Abba stand originally bought for another bike, I found this problem:
    20180721_000219.jpg

So I checked the Superbike Abba Stand product page, set the bike to match my 821 2013, and got this warning message (regarding the superbike stand being wider for the hyper):
    20180721_000315.jpg

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. I have a 2015 Hyper and use an Abba stand. The only difference as far as I know is that it comes with a specail pin for the Hyper. The footpegg on mine don't interfere. I may have a photo n my phone. If so will post later. Currently not at home so cannot set it up to show you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have an abba stand for my 939 hyper

The abba for the hyper has a longer base section. The nearside footrest fouls the abba, sorted by using reuseable tie wraps. The offside can be adjusted on the thread to miss.

The fitting kit is exactly the same as the 1100 monster kit.

abba don't tend to have the hyper stand on the shelf, they make periodic batches.

The standard super bike stand can be used at a push but it's right on the end of its adjustment and fouls both footrests.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information