1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abr Weekender

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Lizzyfan, Feb 18, 2022.

1. As I'm close to picking up my new Multistrada V2s & going to be dipping my toes into the touring world I thought I'd check out the Adventure Biker Forum. Full of useful/interesting posts so I subscribed to the (digital version) of the mag. Been reading through those for the past few days and again, full of great bike write ups/reviews & routes. Moving on from this I looked into going to this years ABR Festival at Ragley Hall. On checking the dates I found I only have the Sunday free so went onto the web page to buy a ticket. It's then I had a shock - £75 for a day ticket !! I've never been but I've watched several videos of it on YouTube and it looks like a good show. I've never ridden off road (and prob never will) so I think I'll give it a miss as £75 is a bit expensive for 9am -4pm. Am I missing anything here? can those that do go justify to me the high day ticket price??

2. I went many years ago and planned to go last year, I think it sells out so what they charge is clearly acceptable to many.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thats 7 hours £10/hour
    You live in the east mids you could go watch Notts Forest at £25 for 90 minutes of so called action
    Thats over £15/ hour

• Like Like x 1
  4. After you’ve spent a large slab of dosh on a AdVenBike £75 is Chicken feed I guess. I wouldn’t pay that as to me that’s 2/3 days of actual riding my bike cost wise.

But then I don’t go to other bike shows either as they seem geared to flogging me stuff, not sure I’d like to pay for that privilege.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information