1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

939 SP Accessories For Hyper 939sp

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Spiralz, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Totally stoked about my one month old Hyper 939SP. Its difficult to stay indoors. -But what to tweak on it?! Please share your experiences with accessories.

I have the original non-race exhaust, but am considering the termignoni race version. Fairly expensive and not very pretty imho, but perhaps the best? Are there any good alternatives? I am not really into getting extra sound, just lower weight, more oompf and if possible good looks.

And what about carbon parts? How much lighter can the bike get with the parts available? Is it just for show or does it actually cut the weight significantly?

Am also thinking about getting a steering damper (ohlins).. does it make a big difference?

So far I've put on the Fender Eliminator Kit by NRC which was easy to install and looks good. Also bought fork/frame sliders from Motovation, but havent put them on yet. Btw. they seem to be very heavy..

Any other goodies one should consider?

Thanks for your comments!

2. Having got a 821 now a 939 SP, can tell that there is weight saving with carbon but mostly with the wheels. I am not certain the red of the parts in carbon would make a difference in weight but they would look great. Exhaust options at the moment only a few, and none homologated for that it will take some time still. Steering damper I would say depends on your riding if you do lots of wheelies, ride fast than normal speeds or in race tracks it makes sense otherwise maybe not IMO.
    You mentioned most parts I am considering as well. In addition I also changed the mirrors because I've never liked the original ones, went for bar end ones. Then got some cnc racing bolts, front chain sprocket cover among others in red alu. Maybe the water pump later on once a specific one for the 939 comes out.
    One thing I will do one day is to change the rear sprocket as I have never liked how it looks I mean a black and red set sprocket and holding plate would be perfect IMO. But later on.

3. i've got the termi high level race system still in the box in my front room waiting for the first service. i best get my backside into gear tomorrow and clock up some miles

4. Thanks Ampj8! Sounds good! Those bar end mirrors, which make?

5. i found the standard mirror excellent. the only bike i've ever ridden that was better is a bmw 1200 adventure

6. I hope it will kick ass once its mounted. Would be interesting to hear how big a difference you think it makes.

7. I like them too, except vibration makes it hard to spot police. I guess hard to fix.. But perhaps there is something better out there?

8. Got Highsider Victory EVO

9. I've got the termi end can and sounds and looks amazing. Full system must be even better !!

10. image.jpeg It certainly does

• Like Like x 2
  11. I've just got myself an 821 with arrow can and ohlins Shock great bikes

• Like Like x 1
  12. Anybody actually WEIGH their old exhaust coming off vs their new one?

13. Had a buddy weigh his box of take offs. Complete system is right at 20 lbs. Looking at Akra's Ti header and Can it looks like their claim is right at 10lbs of savings. So 50%. SC Project doesn't list weights on their site (or reductions), neither does Termignoni. just fyi...

14. I'll try to remember to let you know when I replace my standard 939 exhaust with the just-ordered Pipewerx one:)...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information