1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Accessory Foglights

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Bjohnson, Nov 4, 2015.

1. i was planning on fitting the accessory fog lights to my new DVT, unfortunately they can only be fitted to the crash protection bars and not directly to the bike.

My mate has an earlier PP multi and the earlier models have the fog lights fitted to the bike which I think is a much better option.

I'll have to have a browse on the touratech website to see if I can find some alternatives. Anyone else cited some yet?

2. That is not correct - there is photos on here somewhere of them fitted with brackets - not to the crash bars. - Found it. - Search under
    Auxillary Lights
    [​IMG]

#2 Simon Audi, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Not true. I have the Ducati LED auxiliary lights fitted to my DVT WITHOUT having the crash protection bars installed. I ordered them with the bike and the dealer (Ducati Aylesbury) installed them. I have a PDF of the installation instructions which downloaded however I can't find the link now. If you want a copy, send me a PM with your email address, as the PDF is too large to attach this post, and probably to a PM as well.

After the physical installation, you have to get the auxiliary lights enabled by a Ducati dealer using the DDS tool.

#3 steveb123, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. At the recommendation of @Rob, I've put copies of all the accessory manuals I've found on a Google Drive.

Here is the link to Ducati Auxillary LED Lights [96680431A] instructions. Should be freely available to view, let me know if you have any access problems.

I'll start another thread to list all the manuals I've collected for the Multistrada 1200S MY 2015.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Excellent stuff Steve, this aux light fitment is next on my list of jobs to do. Cheers!
    Graham

6. from the instructions it looks like quite a lot of disassembly is required

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. When I installed a set of similar lights on my 2013 bike, I didn't want to remove the tank, so ran the cables around the headstock which was OK. You may be able to do the same with the new model, but you'll still need to remove all the fairing side panels to get access for the mounting brackets. If you haven't already got one, fit a radiator guard at the same time :)

8. so these extra lights have to be enabled by the dealer...
    after that happened, how can you operate these foglights?
    are these always on, or is there a button to activate in the menu?

9. There is a button on your handle bars - left side - back

• Like Like x 1
  10. On the 2015/2105 DVT model, the switch for the auxiliary lights is built into the left hand switch gear, see Owner's Manual (1200S version, page 39).
    upload_2015-11-4_20-10-17.png

There is a warning indicator on the display (1200S Owner's Manual, page 166)
    upload_2015-11-4_20-15-12.png

The auxiliary LED lights have to be switched on separately after the ignition has been switched on. The engine doesn't need to be running, but you would usually wait until it is before turning on the lights. So you have to remember to turn on the lights every time.
    ---
    The previous version of the Auxiliary LED lights for the 2010 - 2014 bikes had a separate switch unit, with a warning lamp, which installed between the left hand switch gear and the mirror bracket. The loom plugged into the Sat Nav socket (behind the left hand side fairing panel) and provided another socket for a Sat Nav to plug in. The LED lamps are the same however the brackets are completely different on the 2015/16 DVT version, as is the loom.

upload_2015-11-4_20-9-1.png

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. I thought this was also the case but you CAN fit the lights in the same place as before. The only issue is that if you want to fit the crash bars then you must move the lights as they both use the same fixing point. (Hope this helps)

12. Steve, many thanks.. Ducati Aylesbury advised me I had to have the crash bars! I'll be going back in there and getting them fitted.

Thanks to all for the replies

• WTF WTF x 1
  13. OK I have 2 questions, 1 does anybody know how to mount the ducati auxiliary lights to the sw motech crash bars and 2 what's the easiest way to get to the connector if I am doing this way (crash bar mounting the lights??

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

14. OK I have just now been out to the garage to have a look I'm on a 2015,dvt first of all you do NOT Need to remove the tank and all that other stuff you only need to remove the two front side panels and the black plastic parts underneath them at the front, there is actually plenty of access for what you need, secondly the plug for the lights is located on the left hand side of the bike up high tucked up next to the tank with a blank plugged into it. Knowing what I know now it's an hours work max and is really easy, then you have to get them activated at ducatti, I'm not sure where, is best to run the lead that comes with the kit???

15. I didn't take any of the panels off other than the 2 side panels for access to the radiator mounts on either side, see pic below. You can see the light mounting bracket and bolt above the rad cap

IMG_2692.JPG

16. Excellent pic! Ducati are just trying to scare people into taking to the dealer with those instructions, also my fog light kit came with two sets of fog light brackets one pair is longer than the other, this is for mounting directly to the bike not to crash bars, I think the sw motech crash bars will also fit with the fog lights mounted to the bike :), I will be putting it all on tomorrow

17. OK I have managed to fit the fog lights with the sw motech crash bars, the fog lights are mounted to the bike not the crash bars, I had to make a pair of extensions for the ducati brackets [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hello everyone,

Happy New Year! Best wishes for 2020

I am installing the OEM Ducati Auxillary LED Lights [96680431A] on my 2015 Multistrada but I haven't been able to locate the 3 pin connector to attach the extension for the lights.

In the attached photos, I show the two connectors I found on the left side of the steering.

I will appreciate any help.

Thank you!

20200103_001411.jpg

20200103_001515.jpg

20200101_231709.jpg

20200101_231651.jpg

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. From memory, there are three electrical sockets under the panel at the front of the fuel tank on the left side:
    1. 12V Accessory socket - has a plug installed with short wire tails (typically used for connection of a Sat Nav)
    2. Keyless Fuel Cap socket - has a blanking plug installed, 2 pins
    3. Auxillary LED lights socket - has a blanking plug installed, 3 pins
    It should be obvious which connector to use once you've removed the blanking plugs as it should not be possible to connect the Aux lights plug into the keyless fuel cap socket.

You'll need to get the Aux lights enabled by a dealer.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information