1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ace Cafe Meet - Sunday 26 July 2020

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Pete1950, Feb 22, 2016.

1. I may meet you chaps at OYB.... lovely road over to there from mine! Then decide on going down to Ace. I think OYB have a bit of a thing on this weekend, because the service manager mentioned something when I spoke to him yesterday.

• Like Like x 2
  2. slim? I know you have a blade... And ya getting the pies and booze in? Good lad!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. where are yo coming from?

4. Northampton/Silverstone.

5. Are you guys still meeting at OYB? What sort of time?

6. Jolley I was going to meet to Chizel at 10ish but he has to work, I think that is still the case?

I have to be a back at 3pm-ish to get to a family event. It's a bit of clock watching exercise for me. I don't know the way to OYB properly or from there to Ace Cafe yet, so for those reasons I'm not 100% what I am doing. I'd be coming back via the M1.

So for the above reasons I'm very non committal on this one. If you know the route? I'd ride down,
    could meet somewhere. Not sure what roads you exit on south bound, but there are cut through routes to me.

I won't be going silly fast on back roads round corners I don't know... despite not being a hero, the rear shock needs backing off.

7. Do you know Jack's Hill Cafe on the A5? Just across the Porsche Roundabout with the A43 at Towcester? I could meet you there at 9ish, show you some nice back roads over to OYB, then decide what to do (I'm not even sure I'm going to Ace, but probably worth a nose in OYB).

8. Yes, I will see you there then.

• Like Like x 1
  9. fell asleep... Cool, love the a43... On ya bike is on the 41 then I carry on and go a413 and meet the a40 @ denim round about. The a413 has some cracking bits.

10. yea im still having to work... Im gutted... Tried to get it smashed out today but I was dreaming, it will be a full day tomorrow.
    a43 , m40 for one junction, a41 to on ya bike, then carry on that till ya get to Aylesbury, pic up the a413 which will take you to the a40 where it is 6 junction's to the north circular ( hanger lane) the ace is the first junction offa that. Don't do m1 home, just a/m40 till a43 just as quick and much better..

• Like Like x 1
  11. A40 into London has average speed cameras, you need to start slowing down as the first camera is jut before the Polish War Memorial (by the airport).
    The speeds are 50 then 40.... there may be a 30 section before the hanger lane.

• Like Like x 1
  12. No can do today. We are at Stafford.

13. I'm not sure if I am going to getting down to the Ace today yet.. Leaving soon-ish to meet Jolly.

Chiz I do M1 if I want to cut down time because I am more East. I hop off at a Junction and it's just on that road to home. It's much more direct. I'm not far from the M1.

If I go A43 I have to cut cross country to get home, usually via Sausage Cafe, which is fine but means heading further North to go then head South to cut across.. it's still not an issue, Sausage is about 20/25 mins for my place. I am sure they are some nice roads to cut across before Towcester or avoid the main roads but I need a sat nav or time to explore.

I did use the M40, A43 when I lived nearer the M25 and had to head up to Northant's... I moved so frequently and did not have a bike to ride the B roads at that time... too busy driving all over the country for work/working away. Maybe get a bit more local knowledge soon.

14. I'm about to leave for oyb seeing as it's only about 10 miles from me ! Then I'll head to the ace later

15. No.... we will barely be on the A43. The A413 goes right from Towcester through Buckingham out to Aylesbury. Lovely little roads.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks for the leading the way Jolley. Good route.

I'm glad I was not too much of a hindrance, probably too polite to say :)

First proper ride out on that bike this year, only managed 500 miles end of last year after 10 years off 2 wheels. The bike has had so many changes over winter, I think I need to go round it with a spanner now.

It was really starting to get busy as we were leaving. Managed to get a reg plate made for the MOT and home just in time to get a showered,changed and out again & yes, I did have to put fuel in to make it home, the light came on about 1/2 mile from that petrol station.

I hope the guys at the Ace had a good one, lovely day.

• Like Like x 1
  17. No hinderance at all. You can't go too crazy on those roads anyway. We "made progress" as they say! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. glad yoal enjoyed the ride ( without me...) pics would be good!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Here's one for you from Sunny Yorkshire today :)

IMG_2460.JPG

20. Shame about the crash bars.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information