1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acid Throwing Thieving Git In Court

Discussion in 'Stolen Bikes/Parts' started by Jez900ie, Jan 8, 2018.

1. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-42611019

Derryck John age 17, from Croydon, appeared at Wood Green Crown Court and admitted targeting the riders in the north and east of London on 13 July.

He sprayed the riders in the face with a noxious liquid and stole two mopeds before trying to take another four.

John, said: "I really didn't appreciate the damage that would be done. I'm terrified of the sentence that I will receive and I'm very sorry for what I did and realise I will receive a significant sentence of imprisonment."

Theft using battery acid on peoples faces -cvnt. Hopefully he will get a very long sentence.

• Agree Agree x 10
  2. I hope he has something far more terrible than prison happen to him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ..slap on the wrist I bet.

4. Total scum, and his parents want locking up for raising such moronic creature

5. A much stiffer sentence for this type of CRIME is needed!

6. May I remind people that this, and similar threads, are moderated. And there is good reason............Any incitement to violence and worse will be deleted.

• Like Like x 1
  7. agree in general ^ this is a crime that compares with hardly any other when it comes to attacking/damaging a person and perpetrators should be dealt with severely - in some cases you might as well have killed the victim.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Does any of the scum get what's due these days? I am sure our parents said similar but where will it all end? I suppose some people do turn themselves around in later life but if we were to follow this blokes life I would expect him to spiral down and down. Also these people seem unable to ever be happy. Who is the looser.
    Regards Steve

9. I think he'll be getting a "stiffer" sentence inside....

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. I struggle to belive that ‘John’ made that statement at the top, as if he knew those kinds of words surely he’d understand what acid in someone’s face would do....

Here’s hoping for a 20yr min term. Alas 200 hrs community service (where he can meet other like-minded crims and plan their next jobs) is more likely.

• Like Like x 2
  11. And again for those that are hard of thinking!!!!

Any more incitement to death and violence and I’ll lock the thread.

12. Sorry.

I'll consider myself as having had a slapped wrist for the :)deleted post

Nasher

13. Under 18... max sentence is a year unless pushed to crown court isn’t it?

Some 17 year old was in the paper he other day as he stabbed a police officer. Was tried for that and another knife crime he was already awaiting sentencing for... he got 6 months and a course : unamused:

When I was 17 I was more interested in motorbikes and trying to get my hands anywhere a girl would let me. Now they’re killing shop owners who won’t sell them rizla at 1145 at night (parents have a lot to answer to there).

14. I hear the Conservatives are recruiting...

• Like Like x 1
  15. I've said it before, but I believe the lack of consequences for certain behavior in society fuel actions like this.

This scroat either -
    • Believes he won't be caught
    • Thinks the benefits outweigh the consequences that will come his way in the slim event he has to face up to his actions.
    Plus he either doesn't understand the consequences of spraying this substance on someone (unlikely)
    Or is such a selfish and lazy lowlife, unwilling to get a job to pay for his own bike, that he's prepared to inflict life threatening injuries to someone to steal a few hundred quids worth of their hard earned property (more likely).

Whatever, he deserves to go away for a very long time. I doubt he will.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. The guy that sprayed a crowd in a club got 25yrs so hopefully this has set a bit of a guideline.

• Like Like x 3
  17. He’s 17. He’s probably had a rough life. Justice is more than just taking revenge.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Crap Crap x 1
  18. Having a rough life does not pardon his choice of actions. I don't think revenge comes into it. It's more about setting sentences that will act as a viable and credible deterrent to other bottom feeders, who ultimately know the system is lenient towards them. Maybe both he and his parents should be forced to face up (quite literally) to the people he has disfigured as a reminder of what damage he has done and a public campaign launched to highlight his and others misgivings. We are so accepting in society of the odious blame and claim culture. I see no reason not to invoke a name and shame system for the detritus that commit these acts. At 17 you are conscious of what you are doing and to say you had no idea of the ill effects acid causes, is like saying I had no idea this baseball bat could do so much damage to another person when used in anger. NO excuse. People must learn that there are consequences for all and that includes the morally bankrupt, if they get caught. I have zero sympathy for him.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Try telling that to the victims

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  20. yeah ,don't take revenge .. just give him more rights than honest people that work for a living have.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information