1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advantages Of The Pandemic

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Nov 3, 2020.

1. I like to look on the bright side!

1. No door-to-door salesman or beggars selling tat and claiming it is to help the homeless.

etc

... and what is this British thing about rushing to open the door? If it's a friend then I'll know and be expecting them. It's a kind of "adman" thing that people knock on your door to tell you that you've won the a lottery... They don't 'phone or write?

2. I was just sat here having a cuppa thinking about the year going by and how I have had the time to watch how amazing the sky has been with no planes in it, watching the ISS travelling around the planet, watching spacex go to the ISS and watching the guys coming back
    The silence of no traffic and the loudness of the birds and nature growing in the garden
    Watching the changing seasons
    Seeing the planets through the year
    Spending time out of the rat race.
    Keeping fit
    Starting yoga
    Learning to like my own company because I’m ok :)
    Having my family around me
    Celebrations 18th birthday without rushing off to work
    Being strong and standing up for myself
    Friends who have taken time and sat outside my window each week to keep me company
    Cooking and baking
    Just having precious time :)

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. We have had no foreign tourists since April May apart from the ones who were "stuck" here and couldn't/didn't want to go home...double edged sword I know, but that and as Ducbird/Binbird said, no planes clogging up the sky...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Not many scammera vans out

• Like Like x 2
  5. Just check out the web site "Flightradar24" if you think there's not many planes flying around the world !!

Pay attention to USA, Brazil, Europe, India & the Far East, looks like business as usual !

6. There has been a few planes flying over the last few months
    At the height of the lockdown none :) the sky got to breathe a while

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. I have spent more time on Ducati Forum....To the admins, it is worth every penny guys, thank you. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. making a fortune, never been so busy.
    i gennerally go quiet during the holiday periods, so the guys where on furlough during most of it and all the postponed mots are getting done now on top of the ones that where due.
    aaaand. anything we make cant get spent so easily.
    nice.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Its been made illegal to die. Got to be a good thing.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. If you die, is your corpse hauled before the courts? That will liven things up!

11. I'm under one of the southerly flight routes from Heathrow to the USA. There have certainly been much less flying. Planes going West to the USA are quite noisy usually as they are climbing.

12. No, your family get fined £10k.

13. The roads were cleared for me back in lockdown for fun factor ten:upyeah:.....which was a blast,but now the numpties have returned to try & kill me.:punch:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Seeing pretty much the whole Country (even those who thought he was the new saviour) realise that Johnson is an absolutely useless prick. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. I don't want to get into politics with you on here,but come on do you really think Corbyn was the better package for number 10.: unamused:.............and not a fan of BJ.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. tell the few that made a few bob from his desicions how useless he is.
    conman? deffo. useless? nope.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. It's a poor state of affairs when out of a population of 67m we had those two plums to choose from.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Where were you when we needed you sir.;)

19. About as useless as a man or woman in a red light district area without their wallet onboard.

20. I hope some of the social distancing and mask wearing sticks.

Often been on a train or plane with someone sat too close coughing and sneezing on everyone.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information