1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adventure Bikers. Where Are They Going And What Do They Want?

Discussion in 'Touring' started by JoeC, Aug 18, 2018.

1. You've seen these guys, you know the ones I am talking about? My local roads are literally 'littered' with them these days, they seem to have been scattered everywhere! Are they going to the moon? They seem to be carrying enough stuff to colonise a new planet. What do they want? Their bikes are wider and taller than my van. Some of them are dressed like deep sea divers, astronauts, or a combination of each. Are they 'doomsday preppers' heading into the mountains to start a new world, or is their leader some kind of Goretex clad pied piper leading them to a safer, better place populated only by late middle aged grey men?
    Whatever it is, I think they are gay and I wish they'd fuck off. It's bad enough having to swerve around a million lycra clad idiot cyclists all summer, without throwing legions of these clowns into the mix!

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. 7/10 good effort!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Seriously though, really? How many of them are there? You can't move for them, they are this years Harley riders!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. See you in September. :eyes:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Aaaaarghhhh! Any more and I will literally commit suicide (Hypers don't count, 'cos I want one of those.)!

• Like Like x 1
  6. I don't usually hold anybody up. My set up isn't too "wide" for when I'm dawdling doing a bit of sight seeing. :innocent: This lot plus a tank bag. :)

IMG_6416.JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  7. Don’t on no account talk to them, they is all gay :scream:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Happy? :thinkingface:

• Love You Love You x 1
  9. Although we are worried about one of my mates on the trip. :worried: Filtering on the M25 is going to be difficult on the 1st day. :laughing:

30826242_1892354807464027_1136146251_o.jpg

I'm going to buy him one of these. :upyeah: :)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  10. Bit gay :mask:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Biker Mice From Mars!

12. A lot of them are just trying to look the part, just like sports bike riders thinking they are MotoGP riders. Others are probably on a proper trip with camping gear. If you have ever done that you will know you need to carry a fair bit of stuff. If however you just ride to Starbucks or the local bike café to preen and pose you can travel light, all you need is your shiny bike and some designer shades.
    As for the lycra brigade they should be strangled at birth!

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Mmmmm….. :thinkingface:

untitled.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. What bike is that you slut!

15. Ffs.....Are you moving house?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Two weeks Tel! I'm not a dirty Tees- sider that wears the same trollies for a fortnight. :poop:

The plan is - one side pannier for waterproofs, bike maintenance, security chains etc. The other side pannier and bag for my best Primani togs and Donnay trainers. Plus I have capacity for a few bottles of Italian red on the return trip. Sorted :) :upyeah: I don't need space for hair products. :(

My mate however looks like he's going for 2 years. :confused:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  17. Have you not heard of washing? It’s what the rest of civilisation does, you filthy mackem!

• Agree Agree x 1

18. What’s wrong with a back pack and some hand wash
    That amount of bags even I don’t need and I’m a woman!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information