1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advertising A Bike On Auto Trader Or Ebay

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Daniel Howes, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Hey guys, thinking of listing my 899 panigale on either eBay or auto trader. I don't really want to pay the sale fees for each. Which one do you think I will get more interest on?
    Cheers

2. I think more people check Ebay than any other these days...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. £3990+ Wotzits.... save yer fees...

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Yeah i think that's what i was leaning towards, cheers

5. Wotsits?

6. Hopefully I won't have to resort to that offer ha

7. The charge structure on eBay is different for motorcycles and motorcycle parts (and cars) and is an ffffffing rip off. You'll pay £300 if you sell and eBay will demand a fee if you sell it somewhere else. Advertise with MCN on line or AutoTrader. Andy

8. My krispies and orange corn based snacks are available 24/7... let me know when you get really desperate.... well ahead of Elsie... he's like a bloodhound that man!

9. Sell as a fixed fee, not an auction it's circa £15 fixed fee and a much wider audience....
    No.. what am I saying.... sell to me now at the price offered... saves so much Angst.

10. Thanks for all the info...if it's only 15 quid for a fixed fee then I may as well take a punt on there.
    I will send you the link when it's up AirCon :upyeah::joy:

11. It’s like autotrader if you use classifieds rather than auction

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Oh yes and while I think about it, the eBay buyer protection doesn't apply to bikes/motors and as a seller you get no protection at all from genuine buyers, rouges or eBay. Andy

13. I’ll give you £3999 and a terrys chocolate orange :upyeah:

Glws

14. Last year I advertised a bike on both Autotrader & Ebay. Ebay got approx 10 x as many viewings and a few offers , one of which I accepted. No offers nor even a call or email from Autotrader. My bike was an old 900 ssie so a much lower value than an 899, not sure if things are different with higher value bikes.

15. Personally,
    Its auto trader for me, its where i found our car last year, and its where i found the 1200R i am picking up Saturday (Aylesbury Ducati ) never looked on ebay,
    Auto trader all the way .

Do Not Sell My Personal Information