1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice Needed

Discussion in '851 / 888' started by Karlos1971, May 3, 2019.

1. Is this worth the money? None original seat? What would you pay for it. Also is this the 17 inch front wheel. Any good advice appreciated as looking for a good investment bike that I can use too. Was looking at 916 but this caught my eye.

2. Where :eyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Hasn't caught mine yet :eyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. The mirrors aren't original, should be these... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DUCATI-7...664839?hash=item56c47c40c7:g:oXcAAOSwXkJawm1z..
    A lot were changed for the oblong ones. Brake and clutch levers non original , fixings missing on nose fairing and dzus fasteners on side fairings wrong. Non original silencers as well, [ original alloy ones hard to find]. The bum pad on the seat is wrong [ original ones are hard to find], also the dzus clips are wrong.

#5 ducati dad, May 3, 2019
    Last edited: May 3, 2019
  5. Thanks. I thought about the bum pad being wrong and the fasteners. Went some of these kit bikes though? Is it still worth 8k. I was thinking of offering nearer 7k. Original pipes included btw.

6. Not to me, too much to replace..

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thanks chaps. I'll keep looking.

8. M&S newcastle has an Sp3..saw it out the corner of my eye last week...

• Like Like x 1
  9. In answer to your question, an investment grade bike it isn't. Lovely as they all are if it is an investment you are after then I would advise to try and stretch to an SP model because whatever you pay for it 2 years from now it will probably have gone way past that number in appreciation. I would also personally avoid other peoples "specials" & replicas. As mentioned before original exhausts are essential for an investment bike and if I may add original screen and original panels (even if they are a bit tatty, repair and refinish is still better than replicas) From what I see at M&S it is a mono Strada not an SP3 but it looks same sort of money as your post and seems to have all the right bits in all the right places :)

#13 JimmySP3, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Thanks for advice I'll keep looking for a bike to turn up. No rush

Do Not Sell My Personal Information