1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Advice On A 999

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by bangbangbenny, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Hi,

As the title says I've been looking at 999's for the past few weeks, I'm drawn to the S for Ollins reason really, I've seen one listed near me as an s but I have doubts that it is a genuine one or just had the extras added, obviously the on s badging on the fairings is a big highlight for me, just wanted some advice as to spot one in the future, thanks in advance, happy Christmas! upload_2020-12-24_10-3-5.png

2. What makes you doubt it?
    The one in the pic has non standard discs (and seat unit).

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I might have an S I might be selling in new year - done about 2k miles.... how much you looking to pay for one?

4. Hi mate, the max im probably looking at is 8k, obviously that could change for the right bike, message me when you're looking sell

5. I will message you in the new year if I look to sell. Cheers mate

6. A 'proper' S will have deep sump engine ( even gen 1) which can be recognised by the gauze filter housing sticking out at the bottom.

#6 Sando999, Dec 24, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  7. The non 999s on the fairings, not sure if it's just had the a bits bolted on, that add says about the different seat, was just after more info from people with more knowledge than me if there were any other indications other than the obvious bits

8. I'm guessing that wouldn't be noticeable with the fairings on?

9. Doesn’t appear to have a deep sump engine

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Front calipers are none s. Looks like a base biposto with Ohlins added.

11. 20200602_183008.jpg

12. Thanks mate, this is why I asked, people with much more knowledge than me, would never of been able to spot that

13. Thread moved

14. Back in the day some lucky customers got a stock 999 with Ohlins suspension fitted because the factory did not have the stock items.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yeah I was going to say the same about it, no "999s" on the fairings and no deep sump means its not a genuine S.

16. LG04BGX is 999 not a 999S
    Have look at the MOT history as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ha thanks, just looked at anothers mot history and seen it has the s on the details, didn't think they would put that, thanks for your help! Happy Christmas

18. yep, but its a bloody nice bike from a trusted seller. is a mono worth more than a biposto?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information