1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice On Hypers

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Davem13, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Afternoon all,

So after any advice on Hypers, thinking of trading my current Fireblade and looking at some of the ex demo 939`s for sale on Bike trader.
    Not had a test ride as yet, sat on a couple of new ones and after a sportsbike they feel very different but sure I would get used to that.
    So what are peoples opinions on these, are they as daft as everyone says, I expect them to be very quick in the bends, slower on the straights, whcih might be a good thing if i want to hang onto my licence.
    Servicing wise, nowt to worry about?
    Tank range, will it do 120 miles on twisty roads, just plotting my usual routes up to Kieldler, Jedburgh etc and dont want to worry about the range....
    All advise would be welcome from you guys.

Cheers
    Dave

2. Huge difference to a sports bike. Upright position is much nicer vantage point.
    Bags of torque will point the front wheel to the skies effortlessly.
    Tank range isn’t too bad on my 939sp. Glad I went the SP over the base model, lightweight wheels, full Ohlins and a few bits of carbon made it worth the extra in my opinion.
    Had the suspension set up for me at track, running Michelin RS’s which work well
    I can do big miles on it comfortably. Round town you’ll get from A to B way quicker than on a blade.

3. Hypers rock. Mileage depends on how much of a hooligan you are, but 120 should be doable. They're also great fun in the traffic, a great tool for commuting. The 821 I had, had no issues in the 5 years I had it. Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alrite Dave get one bought mate I regularly do kielder up to carter bar then left down to kielder village I had the 821sp for 5year traded it in for the 950 in April every trip I needed to plan the route for fuel if your riding hard both the bikes will show the fuel light in under 100 miles that said tho you,LL have a lot more fun than you would on your blade
    As for service and reliability no worries whatsoever although the 821 needed a starter motor but for a 6 year old bike don't think that's a problem

5. How many miles can you get after the light goes on?

6. Was up to 22 mile on the 821 with the fuel light on but that was riding really easy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information