1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice On Potential Future Purchase

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Maurizio245, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Hi guys
    I found a Cat D hypermotard 8211 64 plate with full termignoni, handlebar covers with led lights, upmap, new chain and sprockets, new coils and spark plugs, common wiring issue with the electrics fixed by Ducati free of charge (starter o unsure), 13000 on the clock and most services done by Ducati. 6k is the asking price.

The issue with the bike was caused by the pregois owner sliding (right hand side) and no visible damage to the bike .

The bike has been used for the lst 3years without any issues as far as I have been told.

Do you think 6k is a fair price for it?

Thank you all for your help

2. Looking on eBay, the mileage/year and a Cat D, sounds a bit rich to me. Andy

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. It's not on eBay. Is not for sale yet.
    It just happens that I know who might be selling it.

4. Too expensive for sure.

5. What would you say it's a good price per it then?

6. There is a newer , lower mileage one on eBay for just over £7k so I would say close to £5k for the cat bike you mentioned. Either that or pay more for an hpi clear bike.

7. 25 to 30% less than a non CAT bike :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. My problem is the budget.
    Unfortunately as my other bike was stolen recently I can't afford to go crazy on a new One so i would be looking around the 5k mark

9. I don't understand this sorry.

10. If a bike without recorded damage was averaging £10,000 sale price then a bike with previous insurance pay out due to damage would be £7000 to £7500 for the same condition bike in top condition.

11. Maybe go for another 821 monster as they are readily available below £5k.

12. I wanted a change. The monster was great but where I live there are some nice bends and country roads and I feel the hypermotard would be good fun to ride.

13. If you look at the 821s listed on eBay, most are newer, have lower mileage, are not insurance writeoffs and have asking prices about £1500 more than the one you have seen. That IMO, makes it expensive. For me it would need to be £4995 and defintely not more than £5250. Andy

14. Have you considered an older air cooled hyper ?

15. I have been looking at all hypermotard types and models.
    I can see 2012/2013 models for around 5-6k and older models for around the same price.
    I don't mind if it's air cooled to be honest. I won't be using it to do very long journeys anyway. I am looking back as far as 2010 for SP and 1100 models too.

16. What I had in mind was not to go over 5k for it.
    Apparently it was paid 5.5k. mods added were only the upmap as far as I am aware.
    To me it makes sense to pay less that what it was paid for it no new mods were added to it regardless to the bike being kept at the highest of standards.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information