1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Advice On Quick Action Throttle Upgrade

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Brouny851, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Since having a track bike (CBR600RR) with a Domino QAT, I have been wanting to do the same upgrade on my 2000 748R.

I'd appreciate any info/advice on what I need to get and where to get it, aside from the Domino kit to do this. For example if clip ons are needed which ones and as to an aftermarket stop/start kill switch I've seen some high prices for what seems a simple bit of kit.

I need whoever sells to be able to ship to Aust.

Thanks for any help.

2. This always amazes me
    How quick in degrees was the action on your cbr600?
    How quick in degrees do you think your 748 is as std?

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  3. What always amazes you?

4. Someone with a single cable 748 998 type bike wanting a quick action throttle when as std it Is 67 degrees zero to hero ....
    Now put that to a 999 or 1098 where it’s over 90 degrees I get it!

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. I've always liked quick action throttles, on my 851/955 I've got an Electraeon throttle cam that fit's to the Throttle bodies, which I combined with a standard 748/9*6 throttle, it works a treat/just fine for me and I highly recommend this set up to anyone with a Desmoquatro.

http://www.electraeon.com/throttlecam.html

Steve R

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. What I can tell you is that first, I find it bloody annoying when someone responds to a post asking for info /advice with their own aggravated opinion. Keep it to yourself knobhead. The point is I have to reposition my grip on the throttle of the 748R to open it to stop. I don't have to do that on the track bike OK? 67 degrees I take is 2/3 of a turn - well that's more than I'd like and since it's my fucking bike I'll do the upgrades I see fit.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Are you mr trump? last time I looked there are 360 degrees in a circle but I bet your circle is the best circle and has more degrees in it than other people’s circles ..

8. Yes I fucked up the math. The pertinent point, you unwelcome intervening prick, is that I have to reposition my grip ... now kindly fuck off and thanks for derailing the thread.

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. File a deeper slot around your throttle cam.

10. There's a seller on ebay selling 470 degree ones.

Look for Diane_Abbott69

11. Never used them on Ducati’s but I have everything else.

Made the world of difference to my race bikes

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I've got the Electraeon throttle cam on my 900SS ie, bloody brilliant, works a treat :upyeah:.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information