1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice Please

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Julie Williams, May 23, 2017.

1. Hi Everyone,

Am looking to return to biking and am thinking about a Monster. Not got loads to spend, can anyone give me any pointers in what to look for - seen a 2004 one on eBay for £2250 which looks good with about 7k on the clock. Is this a reasonable price? Any help appreciated!!

Julie

2. No idea but someone will be along in a bit to give you advice I'm sure.

And welcome Dave :)

3. There was a nice M900 for sale on here a few weeks ago - didn't see if it sold. It was black with a nickel plated frame.

4. You could also try the UK Monster owners forum, they're a very helpful bunch and one of them may have something suitable for sale?

5. Sounds fairly reasonable and that's a very low mileage. Which model of Monster and has it been dry-stored??

6. hello and welcome dude.
    what size monster was it? That could be about the right money for a nice tidy 620 .
    I recently bought one and its a great bike. Not selling it but would recommend. Great bike for getting back into the swing of things, really user freindly.
    if you post links to any ads you see im sure you will get plenty or use full advice and a bit of ... Errrr .. The other kind!

7. Thanks guys, was a bit of a donut and got the year wrong - it's a 2001 600. Looking at a monster as I'm slightly "vertically challenged" and would be a bit more upright as oppose to draping over a tank ! Will keep looking.

Julie

8. Not quite such a good buy then... :(

9. Hi Julie and welcome into the mad house
    Red ones are the best :)

How tall are you

10. Taller than Chiz, El T & Al :)

• Funny Funny x 2

11. Thanks Ducbird,

Hope to be officially a Ducati owner soon. Hubby has a red one so may clash !! I'm 5'3", been through a range of bikes over the years but never owned a Ducati , Julie

12. Good ole hubby with the right colour
    Awww your a tiny :)
    I'm 5'7 I had an M600 monster now I sold it to a lady probably about your height and she couldn't lower it enough to feel comfortable and sold it there might be that lying across the tank too
    Just try lots in the range
    I like the scrambler have you given that a thought

Viv

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  13. Hi Viv,

Liked the look of the Full Throttle on paper but can't find any scramblers local to go and have a look at in the flesh . Need to find somewhere to go and do a round of bum on seats !

Julie

• Like Like x 1

14. Get your bum looking asap :) and your hubby :grinning:
    Don't forget pics of bikes and bins are the law around here when you buy one

15. And bum :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Hello Welcome
    I not sure but Hyside Ducati Romford might be your nearest main dealer, they have a lot of Monsters and Scramblers in store (they are also a KTM dealer) and Romford town centre is only a 1/4 of a mile away, so shopping and lunch before returning home,

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blimey that's tame for you hexy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Exige - Careful what you wish for .....

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Where's the old smileys when you need them :worried:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information