1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Advice

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Beef, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Hi all,
    Am after some advice for my 2012 Multi......

Has anyone tried the front screen made by Slipscreen? They do a normal size screen with a bit of a lip at the top to help stop buffeting, was wondering how effective it is?

Also, what options are available for improving the headlights without too much hassle? I have seen the LED kits and I have also read the threads that they are not as good as factory made LED lights....but there has to be something out there that improves drastically over the dog toffee that's currently used as an excuse for lights?

Thanks in advance

2. I put HIDs on the dipped beam-worked well. Let me know if you want them-I took them off my Multi before it was sold and still have them. Big ballasts were fixed under the front 'beak'

3. I concur with the Xenon lights. I have used "small ballast" 35W lights and they are much better than the OEM halogen ones. Since the ballasts are small I managed to hide them under the upper plastic covers (with some fiddling and effort but they fit, just). I did the same with normal size "fast" ballasts for the high beam and now when I travel and can use high beam (together with the dipped as I have used the wiring with the diode to let them work together) I have perfect lighting (and probably look like a train in tunnel). These ballasts have been tucked away beside the water pipes (from radiator to engine) on the left side and near the horn on the right side, so they can be completely protected from rain (they are under the plastic covers).

4. Just doing the resistor mod to the loom (low beam stays on with high beam), is the best low cost and straightforward lighting mod I did to mine. After that, I resorted to external lighting but HID's would probably be neater.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have fitted similar LEDs to both dip and main beams. I reckon they are as good as the HID's I took off the dip beams.
    As said above you need a diode not a resistor to enable both beams on at once. I fitted a 1N4002 between yellow/grey wire of the low beam relay and the yellow/white of the high beam relay with the band on the diode towards the yellow/white wire.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information