1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Aem Factory Sprocket Carrier

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by CarloL, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Carlo, the sprocket flange/cush drive nuts on the 748/996 are M10x1.25, I don't think they changed from the early 916/748 to later sprocket flange arrangement. Steel nuts torque specified in the factory book as 48Nm+/-5%, not sure what Ti ones should be torqued to but probably not as high(if you worry about such things). Also pretty sure all the QR sprocket carriers are interchangeable with early and later sprocket flange set ups

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thanks Denzil

Reason I ask, I got new crush drivers and upgraded to the conical spacer, I got nuts for it based on what was on there but the thread pitch was different on the new crush drives ; had to use the oe, just want to check the nuts I am buys are correct

I got m10x1. 25, from what I remember they are 1.5 pitch now

On the Sprocket carrier, the ducabike one on there said it was machined to accept the later conical spacer, was not sure if it would still fit the earlier bikes

3. Carlo, spec from MY02 factory manual and 916 parts fiches MY94-98 is 1.25mm pitch, part number in the various 916 parts fiches right up to the final issue of the MY02 748 parts book (issued in spring 2003) and contemporary 998 parts book is the same (with just one amendment). Unless there is a change to the cush after the parts info I have, part number has changed to 7090552A at some point.

#4 Denzil the Ducati, Feb 1, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Will try get something to measure the thread pitch

5. I have the AEM sprocket carrier in the titanium colour you are looking at...I had to upgrade to the conical spacer, so it will fit the newer models with existing conical spacers 133B23E6-5E56-4A24-8AFD-9D0957E57F4E.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks Chris , looks stunning

I took a chance and ordered the titanium , think the silver will stand out too much , but I ordered the other design.

I have got the uprated conical spacer , good to know it will fit!

Screenshot 2020-02-02 at 20.28.00.png

• Like Like x 1
  7. You could try one of these.. DSC03360.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  8. Nice

Titanium, bit too pricey for me

9. Its ally and it wasn,t expensive, look on their web site.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information