1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Aem Top Triple - Terrible Quality?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by tboooe, Oct 10, 2020.

1. The top triple clamp on my 2012 848 was looking pretty beat up so I decided to bling it up a bit by purchasing an AEM replacement in silver. After waiting 4 months(!), I finally received it. Unfortunately the quality is absolutely terrible. There are nicks, dings, and scratches all over it. I am trying to figure out if I just got a bad part or if this is the normal AEM (lack of) quality. Anyone else have any experience with AEM top triples? Should I roll the dice and exchange it or just return it?

Here is a link to the triple on the AEM website:
    https://www.aem-factory.com/product/sbk-triple-clamp/

Here are a few pics of the triple I got. The nicks and scratches are hard to capture with a picture but believe me, in person the issues are very obvious.

IMG_20201009_181827.jpg IMG_20201009_182917.jpg IMG_20201009_181716.jpg

2. That's not acceptable for a precision machined item. Send them the pictures and reject them on the grounds of sub standard quality. Hopefully you paid by card so if they piss you around then you can claim back from the card company?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Thank you for the reply. I absolutely will return it. I'm just trying to figure out if I should exchange it with another one or just move on from AEM because this is their normal level of quality.

4. Thread moved

5. #5 Itsamonster, Oct 11, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  6. I bought an AEM rear sprocket carrier for my 899 hybrid and it was excellent. Seems you got a dud dude. Send it back.

7. Update...AEM is sending me a new top triple. I should get it in a week or so. I will post some pics when I receive.

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information