1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 After 959 Track Bike Info

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Pablo Pirate, May 14, 2019.

1. Morning All,

Wonder if anyone can shed some light on the 959 as a track/race bike? Weighing up the options for changing my Daytona 675 for a 959.

Looking for reliability issues, whats common and ££££.
    Engine refresh costs, who to use?
    Best upgrades - blipper, wheels
    Which suspension people recommend K-tech, Mupo etc.
    Track Body work to go for - Hi-fibre, CRC?
    Power - cans & remap, who to use?
    Noise issues at track days?
    Ergonomics - rearsets, screen, seat, handlebars, you need to be 5ft to ride it etc.
    Running costs and spares?

Thanks for any info

Pablo

2. I can’t give you any answers to your questions but I’ve just changed from a 675R to a 959 Corse. I’ve only done one track day on it so far but really enjoying it. It’s definitely different to the Daytona!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Don't have a 959 but have a 1299S, so from a ergonomics perspective they're the same bike, I'm 6ft tall and fit fine for TD's.

Bodywork will be the usual culprits, CRC, ProFibre, Ricambi Weiss (possibly).

Exhaust and noise limits could be an issue, they go hand in hand unfortunately.

Engine work, possibly keep it in the Ducati dealer network - JHP, MotoRapido would be two to use, then you have the indy's like Baines, Cornerspeed.

Suspension I'd go K-Tech as you've mentioned, but there are many out there depending upon where you are.

Not sure on the 959 but the 1299 gets blipper etc, I doubt you'd get that on the 959, but there are options.

Several remap options out there also.

HTH

• Like Like x 1
  4. It may be an option to speak to Spence whos using the 959 in the trioptions cup @Spence

• Like Like x 2
  5. I’ve got a ktech shock for sale to get you started if you fancy it, as well as a rapidbike evo and 1299 exhaust conversion for 959

My old bike is for sale in super bike factory and has ktech forks fitted I didn’t have time to remove them

1D952BF3-71D3-414F-9D35-FA78A3AAD7B5.png

6. Having raced a triumph 675 for 3 years, I found them fantastic bikes. The 959 is a different beast all together. For track days it’s a mega bike. Exhaust though you’ll have to find something quiet. We use race akrapovic and without a baffle you’ll be lucky to get under 105db. Engine work - keep it standard. Just exhaust and remap it. Wish I could run a blipper... they are available. Suspension I’m running Ktech and give me great support at track.

Check out my thread on my bike. PM me if you have anymore questions. More than happy to help

DAC9C70C-8F6F-48D1-8801-EF1A80DF79C1.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  7. Bet that one hurt

8. Rode it out.... saved it

• Like Like x 3
  9. Are you Tai Woffinden?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Im selling an 899 with Carillo rods, Slipper clutch and Termis, just as good as an 959 if your interested pm me.

#10 samieb, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Ha, you heard mine ripping around Donington the other week and just can't resist eh? Good bikes mate, no issues with mine since new last Feb apart from that cracked header in the Open race on Sunday morning. Caused by a missing fastener and a bit of vibration I think. Been refreshed prior to 2019 season but strong as ever and plenty fast enough for most folk.

Set of MHP baffles for the Akras and you'll get by 102db days just. As Spence has said, you know where we are. If you are in the BSB paddock and the Ducs are there come and find us for a look around and a chat. You can even try it on for size ;)

• Like Like x 3
  12. Cheers Dave & Spence,
    Ooooh so tempted. Looking at the price range 10k - 12k should get a race bike. I'll contact Motorapido and see how much an engine refresh would be.
    Might have to do a California Superbike day thingy and have a play.

Good luck at Doni.

Cheers Pablo

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information