1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After A Weeks Riding And 300 Miles .. A Screen

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by PeteKeys, Jun 29, 2019.

1. So my 950 arrived monday and i've put 300 miles on her running around doing various stuff. Due to being tight for time - quite a bit on fast roads - and man after 3 days at over 100mph my neck...

i'd already planned getting a screen ... okay okay already don't shout at me .. but no one makes one for the bike.

So i bought this ugly monster and

[​IMG]
    and made it into this

[​IMG]

after which I saw a rather easy 140mph! Amazed it get up there

• Like Like x 3
  2. I can’t say that I love that screen but I’m impressed by the speed it helped you achieve.. Skills! :upyeah:

3. I think it looks great! Link to the product you purchased. Curious to check it out.

4. Obviously on a private road officer!

5. Its the 5022h screen from puig which I got from M&P on ebay for £64

https://puig.tv/en/tuning-motos/car...faros-no-redondos/windshield-trend?bike=23729

made a template out of cardboard which took several attempts to get a shape that I though worked.

[​IMG]

marked the screen out on to tape

[​IMG]

and cut out with jig saw. You have to do it slowly so the blade doesn't melt the plastic

[​IMG]

And here's what the mounts look like

[​IMG]

When I'm happy with the angle , I'll cut the rods to length. To take it off - about two mins

#5 PeteKeys, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Thats pretty shocking....screens on hyper's...or any naked for that matter... But thats just me...

7. You'd hate the Hyperstrada then. It has saddle bags too. :no_mouth:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Yep...so not for me....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information