1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Aftermarket Fuel Pump Or Original?

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Sev, Jan 1, 2020.

1. I've stripped down the fuel pump housing on the 916, and the pump is pretty snotted up on the inlet underneath - probably due to the scrim mesh strainer being torn.

I know the pumps on these are hardy beasts, but a part of me thought about maybe just swapping the pump with new as a piece of mind, especially as I've got the injectors reconditioned and am replacing the fuel hoses.

So my question is whether to maybe stick with the eye-wateringly priced OEM Ducati pump or can I look with confidence to an aftermarket bosch unit or similar? Has anyone gone down this route?

the reason being I really don't fancy draining and stripping again if I don't have to.

2. @Sev I may have one lying around in the garage.
    I will go and look, even though I have a horrible cold!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Thanks Ricky,
    Name your price and tipple if that’s the case :)

4. It's a hard life, wrap up won't you!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Despite enduring the arctic conditions I must admit to failure to find the pump. Massive apologies!

On a positive note....the rear light unit is still here if you want me to send it to you. Let me know details etc.

I can only blame man-flu as it must be making me delirious.

Soz Sez.

#5 RickyX, Jan 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Dont worry Ricky, if you’d rather I can swing round and pick up the tail light. Whatever works best for you.
    thanks for braving the garage tundra. :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. I am fairly certain I read a thread on one of the many Ducati Forums where somebody had found a pump that you can use. Cant remember much more google might find it for you

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information