1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Aftermarket Heated Grips

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by madasadad, May 23, 2018.

1. Im thinking of trading my 2016 1200s D’air Touring with 6.3k miles for a new unregistered 2017 1200s. Im losing panniers, centre stand and heated grips. Ive a SHAD 58X topbox so thatll keep me going for a while, abba stand so I can get mutley fittings but Im an avid fan of heated grips, although the Ducati ones are weak as water! So has anyone fitted Oxford or similar grips? Where do they connect to, directly to the battery or the accessory socket on the LHS of the fairing? Although Ive also to have my sat nav wired in so that will probably take out the accessory socket. Any pictures of your install?

2. I’m also disappointed with OEM heated grips on both Triumph and Ducati. Other bikes I’ve fitted Oxford and they get proper hot.
    Direct to the battery with auto cut off once the ignition is switched off.
    £40 for something that works properly compared to £230 for OEM......

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Oxford heated grips are spot on and very warm. The Advanced Hot Grips connect straight to your battery and sense when there is no charge going into it, they then shut down. I think there were 3 plug in connectors to hook up (one for each grip and another for the control unit). You can connect to a switched live if you prefer, but they are designed to go straight to the battery.

I think I paid £40 from Amazon a few months back. These were for my scooter and a lot cheaper than the £200 official Ducati ones I put on my Hyperstrada. I also noticed at the time that replacement grips are available separately, quite cheaply. IIRC, there were 3 different lengths and classed as Sport, Touring, Adventure or similar, so measure your original grips before buying. They are trimmable, but they went straight on my bike with no adjustment. The whole job took about 1 1/2 hours.

I'd recommend them after living with them for a few months. The only upside of the official grips is that they are integrated into my dash controls. The Oxfords are warmer, cheaper and have spares available.

Oxford Grips

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ive had oxford on a couple of other bikes and they are excellent, although the control panel is very chunky! Does the tank have to come off to route the cables? Im tempted to ask the dealer to fit the oxford ones although he might refuse on a new bike. I’ll ask him to wire the sat nav in too.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information