1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Aftermarket Levers

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Red899, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Hi,
    Ive had some R&G aftermarket stubbies on my bike for circa 4k miles.
    The clutch side keeps getting adjusted then going all clunky on me in that i cant find neutral when the engines running (it clicks in fine when ive ground to a halt and stalled the bloody thing) and down shifting through the gears is really hard work.
    Hyside bled them and then advised me that im going to experience this with all after market levers and they only recommend fitting Ducati performance ones. They said they're not up to the job but ive never had this problem when i've fitted them on any other sports bike.
    Is this correct assessment, do others have the same issue or are they just trying to pull a fast one?
    Cheers

2. I have ASV normal length ones, and no issues clutch or brake.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Fast one, still air in the clutch fluid

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Absolute bollocks, the lever has sod all to do with air in the system. If you are routinely getting poor lever function, the culpret is more likely to be the slave cylinder. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Yeah the leaver has nothing to do with it

The slave cylinder on these aren't very good so you need to bleed the clutch as part of regular checks.

I bleed my clutch every couple of thousand miles or so. Only takes a couple of minutes.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. thanks dude is that just with the 899 or all PAni's?

7. All of them I think. They're probably all the same part.

If you ride in traffic a lot it's even worse cos of the heat.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Does upgrading the slave make a difference?

9. Yes, a lot. Andy

10. A 28 or 30mm slave cylinder will be my next mod I think

• Like Like x 1
  11. Oberon is the cheapest I could find, can you name any cheaper brands? Thank you!

12. Just search eBay, mostly from China. Andy

13. I don't use anything other than stock levers on the Panigale as nothing else works as well on heavy breaking. I find that even ducati performance adjustables are not as good as stock. All that said , as above it's bollocks to blame your problem on the levers!

#16 Monners, Jul 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  14. Bollocks

15. My 2p worth on you not finding neutral maybe something to do with the quickshift, while touring Europe I could hardly get neutral, the bike was even stuck in 1st. Did the remaining 2500 miles without the quickshift and no problems. So booked in for warranty work with GT's Plymouth on Monday for new quickshift !!

16. Royal,you got a point, i noticed on heavy breaking on straights,chinese lever doesnt work. Resulting in a crash. Now,i've got air in the system since using the wrong technique when changing fluid but something tells me the lever isnt working correctly,and not all contributes to air. Getting grey hairs on this.. Dont know if i dare to use these chinese levers one more time even if its air free in the system.

17. The standard levers are great I can't see the point in changing them. Putting cheap ones on something so important doesn't make sense to me either

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information