1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air Box Upgrade

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by macaroni, Oct 17, 2017.

1. DAE99A2A-E0AE-4691-A95A-F18F30793F79.jpeg 68120677-9864-4808-9840-423621B49D3F.jpeg Just got this in the post to add to the HM.
    Giuseppe Starace in Italy hand makes this Air Intake performance kit.

He’s an ex Ducati race engineer and also builds his own bikes some featured in Bike Shed London.

He’s sold over 60 to other HM owners in Italy and has pretty positive feedback. Can be used with or without having the bike mapped. (Will do it before next season)

This should go nicely with the new bespoke exhaust..... which I will be posting shortly.

€120 shipping included within Italy.... maybe more to UK (excludes filter)

2. I’ve ditched the entire airbox on the KTM and am running a foam filter. Oh my is it changed. It’s engaged full on beast mode.

Getting an engine breathing properly is now my number one mod to any bike. I’m sure you’ll love it.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Thats a nice bit of Carbon - have you a link to a website for that?? Which HM does it fit?

• Like Like x 1
  4. You know i found that site in my search - but didn't think it was right! I guess he doesn't have a stock to sell as i didn't see any mention of the airbag! I should just contact him then?

5. Hi Lazza, this is for my HM 821 but it also fits 939 I believe. Haven’t got a link but you can go to Facebook and look him up (Giuseppe Starace) and connect or ask him any questions via messenger.

Not sure if he has stock as it’s like ‘made to order’ but once paid he sent out within 48 hours.

I used a BMC filter.

In fact gonna suggest to him to join this forum.:upyeah:

6. Ok so I have his email address if you don’t use FB & need to make contact

[email protected]

Please mention that you got it from the DucatiforumUK so he knows where the contact is coming from.....

7. Many thanks Macaroni - it looks great!! Wonder if he can make one for the 1100 !

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ok so i have made contact with Starace:

For the Hyper 1100.... he also has a couple of options which are both plug and play.

1, The Evoluzionecorse (Complete Carbon Airbox)
    (transform your Hyper 2v into a SBK)

2, Racing Air intake flange (OEM Airbox 'light'modifcation)

approx 90 of these already sold with v positive feedback from owners.

IMG_4128.JPG

IMG_4129.JPG

IMG_4130.JPG

IMG_4131.JPG

IMG_4132.JPG

IMG_4133.JPG

IMG_4135.JPG

IMG_4134.JPG

#9 macaroni, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  9. Those look stunning. Not sure hey really ‘need’ to be carbon but they sure look good in it

10. sure... either carbon or glass fibre (not sure about heat for GF), but as these bikes are very special to their 'owners' & even tho it is hidden i guess carbon would be the choice & makes sense. Agree they do look pretty stunning.

11. got mine installed.....
    Throttle response seems to be smoother (less jerky), still not had it mapped & still runs smooth without it, but that's next seasons job. Very happy with this upgrade... and the bike surely breathes better as if she has had some Vicks! :)

12. While it does look nice surely the best option is to remove the airbox altogether and go for filters? (as its not pressurized)?

13. Good question, not sure what or if the amount of air intake volume would be different thus needing a upmap.

Anyway i asked Ducati Engineer who makes these parts and he wrote me this:

Do not remove airbox & use airfilter on velocity stack!!!

The airbox function is to calm and regulate the air before going into the intake and being used during the valve cycles. Otherwise air quality will make the engine run rougher than it should.

14. Hmmm - thats really gone against everything i know, been told, and been advised of....Mines running air filters, has been on the dyno and is up by approximately 15 bhp ( along with other associated mods to complete the package). Ill not be changing any time soon but it is nice to see alternatives....

15. I think his box(es) do need a dyno as runs pretty smooth with the mod but a dyno would improve the mod for sure.

Well my 821 runs smooth anyway and thats all i have done aswell as a bespoke exhuast which i really have to create a separate post for and see what you Ducatistas think.

I have told him to join this forum as he also makes other parts for other models.

16. Ah -yes 821 - you did say....ive got an 1100 evo sp....still nice to see what other stuff he's making all the same....

17. off topic but a nice little story....

A mate of mine went to Ducati week last year rode down from the UK.... he has a Panigale 1199R and took the bike to one of the engineers. He explained to them about the bike being slightly jerky and also told them that he took it to a dealer in the UK and they said nothing wrong with it.

The Ducati engineer held his palm up to him (basically told him to stop talking...) :D
    his words were..... 'don't mind what the dealer or engineer in England said...
    WE ARE DUCATI, WE BUILT THIS BIKE we will fix it, come back in an hour.'

wandering around he noticed his bike on the track, being ridden how it should be by the engineer. He was a bit concerned when he went back to pick it up, the engineer said... here you go its fixed.

Then he looked at the tyres and they were completely shot, so he told them basically WTF... so they also fitted a brand new set of tyres for him.

Never had the same problem again.

18. Can anybody tell me how many miles i can go once the light goes on, hypermotard 939 2018?

19. Hmmm just sounded like they ranted the tits off it....personally id like to know (if i was him) what they did...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information