1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air Cushion Seat

Discussion in 'Monster' started by riskypicker, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Hi all

Has Anyone used an air cushion on their Monster 1200 or other with same shape seat?

Im thinking Airhawk type of thing, im sure there are others.

Im trying to find what size fits the monster without having to order a load and try and return those that dont fit. Cant find anywhere local that stocks them.

Cheers

2. Not tried an Airhawk but I have tried 3 different supposed improved saddles including a Sargent seat. None were great IMO . I`d recommend trying a good pair of cycling shorts first. Much cheaper and obviously you can wear them on any bike. Works for me.

3. How similar is the Monster seat to an 803/1100 Scrambler or a 1st generation 1200 Multistrada ? I have used a Wild Ass Smart polyurethane + Gel cushion, https://www.wild-ass.com/models/ on both and whilst it is not perfect, it does a good job. Andy

4. This is my AirHawk laid on my 821. Never used it on the 821 as you can see it is too big. Bought it years ago for use on other bikes. Just to give you an idea of measurements, they work ok but very fiddly setting the right pressure.
    C0EC909A-123D-4789-B7E5-889C901D1732.jpeg 440A9041-536D-456B-B89E-5D6EBB721AD1.jpeg

5. Hmmm id have thought that looked about right so im glad i asked, and thanks for the measurements, should also help.

6. I saw the air and gel ones after i posted. Did you go for the sport size?

#6 riskypicker, Jun 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
  7. That was my 2nd attempt with no real joy.

The 1st being the extortianate Ducati comfort seat which made almost no difference other than making my knees touch the tops of the Evotech crash bung bracket.

#7 riskypicker, Jun 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
  8. I originally had the sport but having had surgery to remove my coccyx, I found the classic more comfortable as there is a void just where I’m tender. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information