1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air Dryer

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by BladeRR8, May 20, 2021.

1. Anyone use an air dryer for the car and bike?

Looking for a recommendation :upyeah:

2. I’d imagine detailing world would be a good place to research for this dude

• Like Like x 1
  3. A pet grooming dryer seems to be favourite. Andy

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. They seem to be advertised to do both.

• Like Like x 1
  5. i bought one of these, unfortunately doesnt have a suction function but dries the bikes pretty well

upload_2021-5-20_10-28-31.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I have the same works very well. Earplugs recommended while using it. :D. Whistles like crazy over any openings.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Cheers guys will take a look.

How long does it take to dry a car with the pet dryer?

8. I’ve been using one of the pet dryers for quite a few years now. What I found best was to dry all the nooks and crannies and where the water sits, then finish over the bigger areas with a microfibre towel. Do the same with cars as well as bikes. They do save a lot of time though and make a better job of drying

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Cheers Nelly. Pet dryers seem the way to go. Appreicate the help guys :upyeah:

10. Purchased that very model from the bay of thief’s for £49.95

11. I too use a pet dryer. Good fun!!!!
    Cheaper than dedicated bike dryers and can’t see what the difference is.
    Needless to say don’t blast your bars as they will force water into those switches.

12. Wow that was a great price will keep my eye open for it coming offer.

13. I have a Sidekick, been a great buy, I can highly recommend

14. Not quite the same but I use a DI vessel when I do the final rinse on the car/bike, means I don't have to bother drying as it leaves no watermarks

15. I have the Bruhl twin turbine. Very powerful and loud. lol

16. I got this one a few months ago:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B076MM2V9L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is pretty good tbh, you'd be surprised how much water it drives out of the radiators etc and around fork legs etc where it just gathers... Some of the pet ones don't have very good safety protection as they aren't really designed to be used around 'lots' of water so I just use a trip plug thingy.

I think it will come into it's own again when I get another Thruxton, that thing was a horror to get dry

17. I’ve a two stroke Stihl leaf blower. Comes in handy for drying car wheels and bikes after a wash.

Drives my dog beserk too so giggles a plenty come drying time :D

Do Not Sell My Personal Information