1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Akra Or Termi?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by kirks1989, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Akra Cans vs Termi Cans

What do people prefer? Are termi’s the ultimate exhaust for dukes?

2. 0B93D04F-B856-4137-93FF-38FE2C7E70C7.jpeg Austin Racing :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks El Toro! I should have known other brands would certain crop up. I love the Austin Racing cans. Do they do full systems though?

4. Yes, as far as I know. And if your wallet is big enough.

5. Which bike is it going on?

6. Hyper 939 SP

Currently already have Akra end can. But in terms of resale/appeal was interested in other forum members thoughts as to what they prefer. I personally either need the Akra headers and then pay for a map or buy the full termi system.

8AA90273-040B-415D-B6A9-CEDEAAF24922.jpeg

7. My Akra full system is great quality as you would expect for the price. I think it does depend on the bike as certain exhausts are tailored and tuned for the specific bike.

#7 Jimmy899, Oct 29, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Akra

• Like Like x 1
  9. Has anyone used Quill exhausts?

10. the akra systems are much better quality and fit. the termi systems on my 848 and 939sp have been a pretty poor fit

• Like Like x 1
  11. image.jpg image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. Seems a common theme with the termi systems

13. Mine fits like a glove now,complete different animal with race map. Think it depends on personal preference,I like high level,to see the wheel,you have carbon wheels with an exhaust I front of it. Show it off lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. Termignoni, sounds wonderful.

• Like Like x 1
  15. In had termignoni’s on al my ducatis except on my SS that i had.
    That had a complete akrapovic systeme,and i must say that it looked better then termignoni’s.
    The finish was much better,great welds..
    But that said i bought termignoni’s again.
    When you say ducati,you say termignoni.

Henk!!!

16. Agreed - Termi for tradition, Akra for quality!
    Maybe Ernesto Marinelli will make a difference.

17. Things change, cant beat a Conti on an old bevel if you ask me. Not that you did. I quite like Leo Vince on the newer bikes too.

18. I do like the laser etching on some of the Akra exhausts, only certain bikes seem to be worthy though!

Also, the titanium stuff goes a lovely blue. Ahhh, pretty colours on my bike...

19. Have them on my Honda VTR SP2...quality is miles behind Akra or Termi.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. I had one on my Buell Lightning. I was keen to support a small British manufacturer. I wish I hadn’t bothered. The initial service and product was good until the link pipe supplied just snapped. My silencer that i’d paid to have coated matt black to match the engine/frame dragged along the road. Quill were very unsympathetic. They would only replace the link pipe. I wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information