1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Akrapovic Full System Official Price

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Topolino, Sep 12, 2018.

1. I'm sure when I was at Italia last month and had a peek at the 3 x Speciale's they had in they quoted 9 hours fitting time for the full system though which would go some way to explaining the differences in price would it not?

Presuming the £5k you have been quoted includes fitting that is? :thinkingface:

Edit to add: I see the £4k listing from DMC includes fitting which does make the £5k quoted a bit over the odds...

2. 9 hrs to fit a system?! Who does does it: a PG Tips chimp?!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Have you seen how much of the bike comes off to fit it though?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Maybe DMC bought a job lot expecting them to fly out the door...... and they didn’t.

5. Memory tells me at launch, the rrp for the full system was £4700 inc vat. The small print in the link you posted is very important. Only an authorised dealer (or workshop) has access to the ecu mapping activation code from Ducati which is also the case if you want to sell your full system at a later date. @bradders, the first system to be fitted by our workshop took 10 hours. Fitting the race exhaust was not covered in the initial factory training delivered in January and February this year. With practice that time has been reduced but not significantly, it is a time consuming job. I fear UK V4 owners who buy their full system cheaper from Europe will get very irate if as I believe, their local authorised UK Ducati dealer/workshop might decline to fit it. I would certainly talk to your workshop manager before hitting that buy now button. Andy

6. List is £4270 inc. VAT. Fitting IS a 'mare of a job. A day is a fair guess. Like Andy mentions, the software upload needs to be activated by the purchasing dealer so it ain't all clean cut with bagging a bargain on line unfortunately.
    You also need the fairing lowers to match ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. surely not 3hrs worth of strip...if it is Ducati really have let the plot

8. Rapido have their bike down to that on 15 minutes flat, engine out and all back in in not much longer

9. Sorry Andy, but these guys are meant to be trained and experienced!! Its remove on set of pipes, put aside, fit some more! Sure, trial and error on what can be left in situ, eg on 848 the rear pipes are easier with the shock out IIRC, but c'mon... its not like they'll spend an hour trying to unseize 15yr off nuts!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. So basically the thick end of £6k for exhaust inc fitting. Thus a V4S with akra is £28-30k(ish)?

Fucking nora. You could get a pre big bang R1 for the price of an exhaust.

Ducati lost the plot yonks ago.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Panels off, tank off, subframe off, all of the disconnections to take all of those off.... that is easily an hours work before you even get at the exhaust. Then fit and align that, put everything back together (always slower than taking it apart), and then upload the software and I would assume a quite test ride. Even if you were blasting through that yourself without a care to making sure it was done properly and nothing was damaged, it is a half a day gone.

That is a race bike. Not only does it have a lot less in the way of fixtures and fittings and wiring, a lot of bits will have been designed with better access. Quite apart from that, I wouldn’t want them tearing my bike apart in 15mins.

The Panigales are an absolute pig to work on (I’ve half dissassembled 3). Because you don’t have a frame everything is in the way of everything else. Header bolts are a nightmare to get at (on mine the radiators also have to come off to get at the front one - add another hour to remove and reinstall that). It is not a bike that has been designed to work on at all, and the road bikes have looms and connectors to sensors everywhere. I have total sympathy for the Ducati mechanics on this one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. In 3 years time maybe the turn around to stock for an MOT will get down to 3 hours and a set of spanners on the test stations forecourt o_O
    Tea and biscuits at owners discretion of course:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Maybe they could fit it during the warranty tear-downs.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dealer is happy for me to fit it. I've stripped and rebuilt an 1199 and a 1299 from new and from the engine up in both cases. With the right tools, the V4 is unlikely to present me with any more complex problems, than I came across with either of the former models. They will activate the map for me when I take it in to them after the rebuild, so not overly concerned. Assuming I don't plump for the 4-Uscite system that is.

15. So we have a V4 in the workshop for fitting the race exhaust. Process requires removal of the bodywork, rear sub frame, front wheel, both radiators, abs pump and emissions bottle before being able to get at the stock exhaust. Right or wrong, the narrow frontal design has resulted in everything being a tight fit. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  16. 17AFF14A-6778-4656-B765-13296997F890.jpeg
    Hello mate, forgot to post you this earlier. Just fitted the FullSix monocoque unit (big up to @nelly Cornerspeed) and it lines up pretty good. Looks the bollox in the flesh. Rather like me ;-)

• Like Like x 6
  17. If anyone wants to see what's involved "more or less" with some shortcuts have a look on YouTube. Search Jaret Campisi Panigale V4.

18. Awesome mate!! More pics are required!!
    (Of the bike...not you!)

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information