1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Akrapovic Heat Shield

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Squadra Corse, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Newbie on here! Hello :)

Just wondering if anyone would know if it's possible to fit the Akrapovic Heat Shield around the standard exhaust pipes? I have the Akrapovic slip-ons only. Probably going to be a road bike only so just a bit of carbon "dressing" really....

Cheers

2. Short answer, no, tried it and it looks shit, doesn't follow the curve of the standard pipe, I ended up buying a r Carbon heatshield.

3. Thanks for your reply. I was told by the seller that it did fit but I had my doubts. Can't be bothered going to the trouble of replacing the pipes for a road bike really so just cosmetic. R Carbon? Who are they or was that a typo?

4. It will fit but looks all wrong,i fitted a standard panigale r carbon heatshield.

5. Is this on a 1299? So an 1199 R shield you mean? I'm a bit new to knowing what is interchangeable between an 1199 and a 1299. Do you have a picture at all please?

6. The 1199r comes with a carbon heatshield as standard and will fit the 1299.
    [​IMG]

7. Cheers thanks for that..

8. I have one of the akro shields but its gloss and I'd prefer satin. Is it just a case of rubbing it down with emery to satin it up? Or should I just put up with it? Ta in advance.

9. Never could understand why the Akra stuff is gloss, I would take it off over winter and get it lacquered in matt, I sanded the gloss carbon heatshield off my multi and it is ok, at some point I will spray it with matt lacquer

Do Not Sell My Personal Information