1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

939 SP Akrapovic Or Remus

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Cottonbreath, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Hi folks, gonna take the plunge and get the SP Dyno'd along with an aftermarket exhaust. (Slip on only)
    Narrowed it down to :
    Akrapovic
    Remus Black Hawk

Have been told the longer the can the better when being dyno'd

Anyone have any experience with the above or better recommendations

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. I have no experience of either can on the Hyper but I have a fair bit of experience with Akrapovic in general. To be blunt, there is no competition what so ever. If you can afford it, go with the Akra can. Materials, fit and finish are always 2nd to none.

Rowan.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Always heard good about Akrapovic- shame the can for the 939 looks abit unfinished tho, as in the bottom/connecting to link pipe has no carbon shielding. It's abit 'cut off'

4. I guess that's where personal preference comes in. I currently have the Termignoni full system on my Hyper and although it's very well made and looks as good as it sounds; I still much prefer the look of the Akra system. No idea why but I just don't like the carbon shielding. I also can't get used to the look of the high can, i've never been a fan of them on any bike.

I've actually just bought the Akra system so the Termi will be stripped off and sold in the next few days. Losing the "upmap" will be a bummer but a quick dyno session will sort that out.

Different strokes for different folks but personally I would stick with either: Akra, Arrow, Termi, SC or Austin when buying a new exhaust. In my opinion everything else is either overpriced or under made.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sc project?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

6. Yeah, was considering the high mount full Termi race but like yourself, something looks weird about it, not to mention the price!!
    Have been advised the Austin aren't the easiest to work with when remapping. Longer cans better...
    Both the Remus & akra have a 4-6week wait I've been told by one uk supplier

7. On the looks I think the Akra one is thick in comparison to the Remus. I would prefer slimmer Remus because of looks.
    For quality then for me Akra has no comparison.

Last but not least, for an homologated slip on (issue in some countries like the one l live in) I can ONLY take the Remus as it is the only one Euro 4 compliant for the 939 SP. All the others are Race only means not street legal.

Now most of the countries can go around with racing exhausts, therefore I think the best is in this case the Termi.

By the way I get my Remus this week it was a first in first out directly from the plant in Austria. I will then get ceramic black jet coat into the link pipe and if possible on the steel part of the slip on. Then will mount.

8. While akra are good... Try finding spares.... Ive tried on 3 occasions to get spares for an akra and gave up (a couple of mates have tried also getting spares for their rsv4 pipes with no luck) however I've got a set of arrow race headers on my z1ooo and arrow will sell you any individual parts you need.... Just something to bear in mind...

9. I've been told that the next shipment of 939 Akra cans isn't due into the UK till mid October. The headers are however available ex-stock.

Just seen that SC have a new can option which is a chunk longer and looks fecking ace if you ask me (see attached)! It's even reasonably priced considering the materials used and the quality of the kit you're getting.

The Termi system is allot of money, there's no denying that. To be honest I don't think I would have bought it for full retail simply because I don't love the way it looks but it came with my bike so I'm not complaining. Having said that, it certainly is the easiest option to get the bike running right as it comes with the upmap usb thing... Aaaaaand it makes your bike say Hypermotard Racing rather than just Hypermotard on startup. That's gotta be worth at least 15bhp. :tearsofjoy:

1469086799-ducati_hypermotard_939_auspuff_scproject_s1_endtopf_titan_auspuff_.jpg

ducati_hypermotard_939_exhaust_sc.jpg

10. Low level pipe looks way better.... Especially the sc project crt... That's the best of all of them imo

11. It's reeeeeally loud though!

12. Can't see the issue with that!

13. All race cans on twins are loud but SC's CRT was almost painfully loud on the 821 I rode a few weeks back. Don't get me wrong it made a decent note but i'm not sure I could live with it full time.

The Termi system I've got just now is the perfect level of obnoxious if that makes any sense. Really hoping the Akra is similar!

14. If the Akrapovic looked like the Remus and was priced likewise, I'd have my ideal exhaust

15. Not found Arrows for the 939. Don't think they've bothered

16. Can't do loud loud as neighbours would start crying about it. Something mid level is what I'm looking at

17. Yup - like that one
    Price?

18. It was really more of a point about spares backup.... You could just get a link pipe from say sc project.... Measure the exit pipe size and then get what you want.... Otherwise my zed and rsv4 have a 60 mm exit so I can swap the pipes over if I wanted to.... I believe the crt sc project from the 939 has a 60mm exit size (I was thinking of changing the austin pipe on the zed) which came off the rsv4...

19. Most long(ish) slipons should give you that kind of volume. Particularly if they retain the butterfly valve. :sunglasses:

If you can get over the look of the Termi sys, I may know someone selling one on the cheap in the next few days.

20. It's currently reduced to 880 euros but the weak pound actually makes it quite expensive at the moment... Circa £760.

As for the Arrow - do a Google image search, they do exist but look quite similar to the Akra can in that they don't have the carbon shield you're after...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information