1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Alessandro Valia, Ducati Official Tester, On Track In Valencia For The Panigale V4 Press Launch

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Monners, Jan 22, 2018.

1. This is immense:

• Like Like x 12
  2. He's not pissng about is he?

Listened to him a few times and he sounds like a real character.

3. Look at the lap time too.

4. A “thumbs up” seems totally inadeqate for that. Andy

5. He is not messing around, I believe the GP bikes lap around 1.30 or so.
    I'm very impressed with the initial reviews so far.

6. 1’29.4 by Lorenzo on the YZF Yamaha on the 4.1km GP circuit. If they used the same 4.1km circuit for the launch yesterday, the V4 with (race Akrapovic) is 7 seconds off a MotoGP bike. That is insane. Andy
    (9 seconds amended to 7 seconds coz I can’t do maths late at night :bucktooth:)

#6 Android853sp, Jan 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  7. That's nuts. Looking forward to the review of the bike with the pipe and slicks.The wait for delivery is killing me. That and the cost of the bloody thing.

8. 1'29.4 by Lorenzo and 1'36.8 by Valia. That's 7.4 seconds off is it not?

9. Thought the time was 1’38 but you are right which makes the time even more remarkable. Andy

10. What is the yellow light on top left of dash - traction control ?

11. Yes agreed. Almost as impressive as Bayliss at the launch of the 1199 in Dubai. He absolutely annihilated the time sheets that day and if anyone wants proof, here is a video that shows him blasting past a journo who was at full tilt (go to 2'17" in, after which he just f**ks off into the distance getting the back end squirrelly in the process). He was sooo much faster he made the guy look as if he was parked up at the side of the track. Whilst Valia is a good rider, I wonder what someone like Bayliss or Davies could wring out of the V4. Either way, to be within 7 seconds of a posted MotoGP time is astounding for a stock bike (albeit with slicks, the full Akra system and no mapping done)

#11 Topolino, Jan 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  12. From all the on-board video I've seen, the gear change is amazing. Smooth as silk both up and down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. 7 off Lorenzo but got to be about 4 or 5 max off the back of the GP grid.

The downshift is just incredible. GP-esque. Watched the dyno bid wild didnshowed how well it works in an artificial environment but this shows it’s just as good when used for real too.

14. Wonder if the dash scratches easily ;) .....bike looks impressive though

• Like Like x 1
  15. Can't imagine how quick Casey stoner could get on that.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information