1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Ali Radiator

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Chris.King1, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Any thoughts on these? Coupled with the Ali coolant which I have for the sps, would be a great heat sink and run cooler. Had one made for my 749R, UK company...unfortunately these are made in China...TIG welds look shocking to me.

wp_ss_20190726_0002.png

2. What is the retail price on the Ducati ones out of interest:thinkingface:

3. these and similar have been covered on previous threads, many of us on here have bought Chinese rads for 848/1098/1198 and been very pleased with them overall. I don't know if there is one supplier who is better to go with than others, maybe someone else can help. It's worth gathering up all the suppliers and hopefully with a bit of reading between the lines you can choose the best one to go with. I even got onto a site where you could import them yourself but quantities and outlay were massive by my standards.

#3 Chris, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. I'm not in need of a new one, just came across them. Seem a bit hit and miss then. Can't think for the life of me the one I had on my 749R, beautifully made by someone in the UK, remember it costing £300 though, and much lighter than stock

5. definitely worth the risk looking at the price differential, there are japanese bike owners out there who've been fitting alternative Chinese rads for 8 years plus with little or no problems.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information