1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Almeria....

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Mary Hinge, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Just had an email from Tracksense saying Almeria will no longer be on the events list after 2017...

They sounded a bit gutted about it as it's a popular gig all round. Anyone heard of any other TD operators pulling out of Almeria next year?

2. The Fat Controller may have exclusivity.

3. When we were there last May, the rumour mill was in full flow about how certain unnamed track day providers were felt to be undermining Kevin's appointment as track director by getting bookings through the back door which I guess meant dealing directly with the owner. I'm hoping to be there in May with BBS Eurotracks. Andy

4. IMO, Focussed Events has neither the customer base nor the logistics in place to utilise all the track time available at Almeria. However time will tell. Andy

5. Oooh, thanks for the snippets. I'll find out when I get home and back to civilization....

6. Track sense were getting their days piggybacked onto a German track day organisers time to avoid the ban on UK track days organisers other than FE running there. Guess this option has been removed. Great shame as I liked Almeria but have major reservations about FE with experiences over the years

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Agreed, I much prefer the atmos with Tracksense. To be fair the FE staff have been fine with me in the past it's just that throbber Kevin. He seems to love playing God and confrontation in equal measures.
    How come UK trackday organisers are banned from Almeria. Have FE got it stitched up?

8. Where did you get the information that other UK track day organisers are banned from ? I'm using a UK based organiser next May so rather contradicts that. Andy

9. Is it their own exclusive day or are they sharing it with another

10. Is it their exclusive track time or are they sharing it with another (European) organiser?

11. Exclusive, 3 day open pit lane. Andy

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information