1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternative Hanger Bracket

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by GBV2, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Does anyone know if there are or ever seen an alternative to these hangers when using the exhaust cans in the pic below?

56.jpg 21.jpg

2. Those are for the ie models- oval and different bends over the carbed.

the hanger bolts straight onto hard points on the cans themselves so they never did A strap type hanger solution. Thats something you’d have to cobble together yourself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks Sev.
    The LH hanger has cracked (again) from the oval cut out to the outside edge. Had it repaired a few times now but it always goes.
    Yeah, it's looking like a bit of cobbling might have to take place :laughing:

4. the metal or carbon hanging straps are readily available from other suppliers, you just need to measure the height and width. Then it's just sorting out the bracket at the subframe.

I'm going to need to do the same for a spaghetti system that I've come into possession of.

5. I made some for my 900ie from some metal flat rods that were on a old topbox i had in the garage because mine just kept cracking.
    84098283_2727237347322619_3023680564344389632_n_LI.jpg

I know crap picture but they work a treat.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sev, yes, done a bit of searching and seen a few potential solutions.
    I seen these and asked the seller to measure them up to see if they fitted the mounts on the cans and they do.

Halfway to a solution I suppose lol.

Wayne, good to see you sorted the same issue out. Gives me hope :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. the brackets on mine when i first got it were well not fit for purpose a piece of sheet ally bent all wrong which comes into the category of take someones tools away so ended making my own from scratch

004 (2).jpg 003.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. Abramo (desmo market) is a good guy. You’re in safe hands. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Looks good johnboy, thanks for posting that up :upyeah:

Might have a solution sorted (I hope :))

10. when i made mine i made a small jig to hold everything in place and used spacers to get the offset needed for clearance of the swingarm would post a pic but its not letting me at the moment

11. A measurement I could do with knowing is the centre to centre width of the mounting lugs on the earlier 900ss carby subframe.
    Anyone know what that is?

12. ha finally let me upload a pic

002 (2).jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. On my '97 750, they were 70mm.

The fixing to the can will probably be different on yours.

Hangers.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Those original straps really are a bit C**p when you consider the cost of the package they come with.
    I recently brought a pair of used Remus DP cans for my 1000SSie DS, and when I saw the brackets I thought the previous owner had knocked them up himself.

I've also made some Aluminium ones myself, but using 900SS rubber bobbins etc.

Nasher.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. This is the final version of the ones I made to fit high level Lazer cans with fixed link pipes.....I used 4mm stainless steel.
    Hanger2b.jpg

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. So true lol :upyeah:

17. Hey Arquebus, that is priceless, thanks for throwing that up.
    I had a few other measurement questions knocking about my head and this answers them all :beer::upyeah:

18. Note they were specific for my 750, but the frames as far as I am aware were identical.......If I were you; I would copy the relevant parts of my drawing onto thick cardboard for templates that you can lightly bolt in place and test against your cans.
    now1a.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Cheers Arquebus, that is exactly what I will do :upyeah:

20. I have recently fitted a pair of DP Remus cans to my 1000SSie DS.

The Cans were on a 900SSie, and came with a pair of brackets like those in the first post.
    I saw an image of the 900ie with the cans and brackets fitted, but they would not go anywhere near my 1000SS. the mounting holes were about an inch out and the cans would only just touch the main part of the exhaust system.

Wanting to introduce a rubber mount somewhere like standard systems, I used a pair of Aftermarket Stainless 900SL brackets I had and made up some simple triangular aluminium brackets to go on the cans. I had to flatten the SL brackets slightly to reduce their offset, but they look OK and just need cleaning up.

PB040006.JPG

PB040003.JPG

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information