1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Alternative Horn Fitting

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by TonyMNo1, Aug 1, 2019.

1. :mad: Whilst I've managed to get out on my Mutli a couple of times in the last week or so, I've been amazed how 'BLIND' some drivers are.

:confounded: Even though the/my 1260 has got serious headlights as well as some additional spotlights fitted, making it pretty much difficult to not see, on at least 4 occasions I've had to alert car drivers to the fact that I'm on the road and they really shouldn't be deciding to join my piece of the highway from an adjacent side-road or from a roundabout junction, often appearing to look directly at me and yet still pull-out!

In any event my well-lit Mutly environment hasn't deterred them and thankfully due entirely to my alertness as to the degree of likelihood that these half-wits were going to make such reckless manoeuvres anyway, I've managed to avoid them and continue on my way, albeit still having to go past them at some point, ensuring they understood and appreciated that I was less than impressed with their woeful attempts at "driving", if you know what I mean......

Rant over - The rotten horn on the 1260 really didn't help that much in terms of advance warning to these idiots and I want to do something about it, so that the next time this happens, and happen it will, I can more easily alert them to my presence, before they decide to wreck their day and definitely mine.
    Has anyone done this on the 1260 and if so, what type of horn, how fitted, where etc?

Any helpful suggestions would be really appreciated.:thinkingface::):upyeah:

2. Favourite of some on here is the Sound Bomb. Andy

3. Stebel Nautilus air horn mounted here, still going strong after 19K miles in all weathers, so it's certainly waterproof:

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thanks guys, really helpful and much appreciated.
    Woody, have you any further details or pictures of what you did to fit this and where you bought it from?
    Cheers
    TonyMN

5. Denali soundbomb for me. Sounds like a semi truck.

You can also get the mini or split versions for easier fitment.

6. That Denali mini one looks a bit easier to fit.
    I tried to fit a pair of Fiamm horns but couldn't find a place to mount them (I had them on my old Kawasaki and they were super loud)
    [​IMG]

7. I've a sound bomb mini fitted to the enduro and a generic aftermarket loud thing on the old GS. Think the sound bomb came from nippy norman

8. Thanks for sharing this guys. I’ve been looking for an alternative to the moped horn on the Multi. That combined with the Clearwater spotlights.... will do the trick.

9. Soundbomb here too on the zed and on the hyper....on the zed hidden in plain sight on the side, on the hyper where ive lost the airbox for k&N's theres room under the tank...ironically louder on the hyper as it resonates more under the tank in that space... 20190607_193700.jpg
    Just after the tt so apologies for the muck..

10. I've opted for the Denali SB mini, due to it supposedly being a 'plug 'n' play' unit.
    I know it's 113db -vs- 120db of the SB 'large' unit, but thought that with the potential Canbus issues, necessitating additional wiring and relay installation, this might be a better option.

We'll see! :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  11. I know others that have used that one as a straight plug and play and it is definitely louder.

12. 486EE727-BAA9-4FFC-ACD3-AC9712F68CC4.jpeg 88121A62-4B9F-44BF-87B3-0B8C7CE7224D.jpeg 0875E478-20F7-4D02-B19B-77B99070EA88.jpeg

Well the horn has arrived via Sportsbikeshop, dealt with as brilliantly as ever, so thanks SBS
    It’s now fitted and even though it is pretty small, it is definitely louder than the standard unit.

It also went in reasonably well, with a bit of minor adjustment to the Denali supplied brackets. Absolutely no issue with using the OEM wiring and the horn worked straight away.

A couple of photos attached for reference.

Thanks for this suggestion. Looks like a good option to have selected.

TonyMN

• Like Like x 3
  13. Just did the same with a Denali Mini SB, a little bracket bending but fitted pretty easily and MUCH louder than the OE pip squeak horn.

14. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. I just got a 2018 multi enduro pro and the horn is downright anemic sounding so I want to replace with a Stebel Nautilus as it's the same horn I had on my GS. Was this a straight swap or necessary to run relay and 12V for this one? thanks

• Like Like x 1
  16. You definitely need to use the relay supplied with the Nautilus, there is space for it just above the horn. The wiring & fuse threads quite neatly alongside existing cables & you'll also need to remove the left-hand fairing panel. Worth the effort as it's very loud! IMG_2184.JPG

17. Thank you ! - I ordered the nautilus compact last night and completely agree it will be worth the effort. It's one thing I miss from my GS - that horn :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information