1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternative To Replacing Clutch Slave Cylinder?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by tboooe, May 7, 2020.

1. I was planning on getting an Oberon clutch slave cylinder to help make around town riding a bit easier. However, I just came across the L01 Ultimate Levers from Ducabike that allows the user to adjust the pivot point distance (see image). I am wondering if I adjust the pivot point to the pin to its max distance will this also have the same effect of replacing the clutch slave cylinder and making clutch pull a bit easier?

https://ducabikedirect.com/collecti...ultimate-brake-cluth-levers-double-adjustment
    upload_2020-5-6_19-51-51.png

2. To make it a lighter pull you need to move the pushrod as close to the pivot as possible. You will get less stroke on the master cyclinder for the same amount of clutch lever movement.

3. Makes sense...now I wonder if getting these adjustable levers will have the same effect as the Oberon clutch slave. I dont want to spend all this money on fancy levers only to find out that the clutch pull is still too hard.

4. Both work by increasing your mechanical advantage. The downside of both is the same, less movement of the pressure plate for a given movement of the lever.
    Which would give more advantage could be tricky to identify but at least the lever appears to give some adjustment.
    Other alternatives are to reduce stack height or remove two springs.

5. I like my Oberon, significantly lighter pull (on my '16 Enduro).

Do Not Sell My Personal Information