1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Alternative Wheels

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Mad_Reg, Nov 29, 2017.

1. All, have searched through the forums but cannot find anything specific so apologies in advance if this has been discussed before.

I am looking to replace the wheels on my standard 1299 although have a few questions,

1. What is the weight of the current wheels minus the tyres, sprockets discs etc
    2. Members experience with the likes of OZ, Dymag, Carbon over Alloy
    3. Of course price is a major consideration but don't want to just buy some new wheels because they look better - but don't mind paying if there is a considerable weight saving

Many thanks in advance

2. Hi

I bought the standard 1299 and saved the money for carbon wheels and K tech suspension.

My last few bikes I have used BST wheels. BST and Dymag are about the same price £2100 for the set. I think the 1299 BST wheels are a bit ugly so I bought the Dymag ones. The weight difference is about 2kgs per wheel. The weight differences between BST and Dymag are marginal.

In terms of performance. Changing the wheels back to back , the bike feels smaller and lighter instantly. Its an amazing difference. The turn in is so much faster that the first few corners it can catch you out.

3. Not the same bike but my 959 has oz forged wheels and the weight saving was huge as the OEM rear wheel is so heavy on 899/959

Bike rides much better with the lighter wheels.

You might be able to source some used 1299S wheels?

4. Hi thanks for the replies,
    @PeterKeys - which version of Dymag did you buy
    @Flastick959 - good call, anybody have some for sale

5. I've got OZ Gass RA wheels on my 1299S. Not a lot of difference in terms of weight saving but for me it was a decision based on looks as opposed to a tangible improvement in handling, since I cannot abide by the stock "chicken feet" OEM wheels.

6. Hi - sorry should have been clear - the Dymag Carbon Fibre wheels

7. oz gass would be my bet or marchesini alloy.. :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information