1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazing Prime Tv ? And Kurze? I'm Confused...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Noods, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Ok I'm rather late to the party, as per the norm.. Mrs N decided she didn't have enough TV to watch? She's done? Poldark or so she said, and she has at last realised that there's very few actual cockneys in EastbEnders, I've been telling her that for years, after all why has that muppet Beale got a Chip shop? If he wants to be authentic he needs to av a Pie n eel shop, total plonker.. so, anyway she went and purchased Amazing Prime, or something similar, I thought, but she's never been into politics so why in heavens does she want a channel about really good Prime Ministers? . Is there actually such a thing? sounded boring to me! So I left her to it, well for the last couple of weeks anyway... She's gone away now for a week for what she calls a week of recovery, she wouldn't explain, Recovery? Recovery from what? I guess it's a break from living with her Loony Toons husband... oh well anyway the other night I decided to have a bit of a fiddle, with the amazin thing, nothing else obv, and discovered it was not all about the best prime ministers there were good things there including the Grand Tour... Oh boy what a find.. I'm on series 1 ep 1 .. 3 hot cars on there with Kurze? I know it's from F1 etc and it gathers power from braking etc, I get that, but how, I don't understand, how does it add its stored up electrical power to the fueled engine? .. I'm old and confuddled.. does it come in like a turbo, in at the rear wheels? Or at the flywheel ?

Some techie advice pls..

Give it to me! Slowly mind.. x

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Amazon prime silly noodles :)

• Love You Love You x 1
  3. I'd better watch them all while she's away for when she gets back it will be all blokes wearing white frilly shirts undone to their unmentionables, poncing around on horses with the same storyline every week ( or so I'm told) it's just like that prog the four muskerteers, well, just with 3 less of em I guess ..

Or she will be glued to yet another Master Chief programme, where the contestants get their orders from a foreign
    Geezer normally, wearing a cravat, and they constantly and bloody annoyingly, keep saying
    " Yes Chief"

I'll tell ya, you wouldn't get me answering to some Twonk of Nancy numpty boy wearing a blue chequered flag as trousers and a weird double breasted kinda white straight jacket, oh and that God forsaken must be seen with red or blue cravat! Dont he know it's un hygienic to wear a possibly, used, handkerchief tied around his neck, Christ all them germs with that food, don't bare thinking about..

Well I may be old but in my day A Chief had a tomohawk which he was well handy with, not a kitchen knife. Plus, he would wear feathers, not some Nancy boy cravat! What's that all about then.. ? Hey...

The Chief I knew, would tomohawk his dinner like a partridge or something and then strip off its coat, using his hat, to store the feathers.. clever that, suppose it was a smart way of keeping the feathers away from the food he was preparing..

What use is a Cravat I ask?
    The stuff that's going on with this world nowadays, Unbelievable I'm telling ya ... x

• Funny Funny x 1

4. I know noodles the world has gone crazy :D

5. I take it ,with her indoors away,that youve eaten that mouldy stuff in the the fridge?

6. No left all that mte... chocolate chips ice cream .. I've also discovered Aldi... x

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. I tried the 30 day free offer with Amazon Prime and wasn't impressed with it. I watch no live TV at all and prefer Netflix and NowTV, Netflix being a few quid cheaper per month and you can access via tablet and smart phone as well as can NowTV, but that is limited to 4 devices at a time.

I also download a lot of prgrammes and run them from two NAS (Network Attached Server) servers and stream them just like Prime to either a Smart TV or a Roku stick and Roku media player.

There are other alternatives like the above that you can use if you have more than one TV in the house.

8. Yes mte, we are on the 30 day trial too at mo.. the one thing that's annoyed me is that it would appear we would be paying £80 a year for prime which sounds great but, the endless music downloads doesn't seem to include any newish albums etc and also you can get films like Dunkirk etc on Prime no problem but you would need to pay another £10 to see it.. therefore anything current is going to cost quite a lot extra..

9. If you go for a NAS server and use media Streaming you will find that there are sites which have these films and you can download them from there (for free!!!!).

You may find however that your Broaband supplier has cut direct access to these sites and blocked them, but needless to say people have found ways around that quite easily. I know from what others have posted on Video sites that Dunkirk is available along with the likes of Baywatch, Atomic Blonde, Baby Driver, Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 etc. etc. quality can vary though.

10. It's called KERS, Kinetic Energy Recovery System, it uses the inertia of using electric motors charging batteries to slow the vehicle down as I understand it.

11. Freeview. Its free and you get Dave, ITV4 and some other shit. What more does anyone want?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information