1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Analogue Vs Digital 748r Up Against V2

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Nigel Machin, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Nice review

• Like Like x 8
  2. We’ll overlook the solid white line infringement, not sure the police would though!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. I know which one I would have. Oh, wait a minute :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Nice review and detailed (the one on the left hand side is the prettiest,IMO) but he didn't buy one at the end of the day.....tyre kicker me thinks.

5. Interesting review..................however on the new, all singing, all dancing technology models do people constantly change the settings?

I don't..........I had my V2 in Sport mode for it's running in period, then after it's first service I put it in Race mode, and that's where it stays, good weather or bad.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I think it’s more about zero electronic trickery vs the new world order. Both are awesome in my eyes and I would have bought a v2 over my recent Triumph purchase if I didn’t have a Pani already.

7. It was..........but he seemed to suggest (or maybe I misunderstood) that people would chop and change settings on the V2 and the like.

8. Dunno T. I was not paying too much attention. On my V4s I was constantly fiddling with the suspension in fixed mode, rather than dynamic. But once I was happy, that was that.
    Both Triumphs have a very handy “User” mode that allows you to mix and match settings and fix them eg track TC but sport ABS etc. Neat feature.

9. He should spend some money on road rider training....

• Like Like x 1
  10. The steepest those bikes were leant over in that review was when stationary on their side stands. Did he just pass his CBT last month? ;-)

11. Honestly the two bikes are almost impossible to compare. I’d have them both and they would do totally different things for me personally. The 748r is a blast bike, the V2 has probably twice the spectrum of use. To other comments on here though, nope, I never adjust my electronics really, iv e tried a few settings and dialled a few things down a touch (the wheelie control is really quite intrusive at times of you catch a catseye or something) but otherwise leave it and ride the thing

12. Funny you should say that....ive changed my rsv4 factory settings once when it got its custom flash and its been the same ever since....race mode (minimal engine braking)...so, a settings change 3 years into ownership...then the last 7 in race mode...

13. There’s one on fleabay now for a shade under £13k
    It’s nice and I can really appreciate the mechanical side of it over the electronics but I’ll keep my electronics for normal and “enthusiastic” road riding. I’d like it to tinker with it though.

14. A twin spark ignition 748 (or any other Desmoquatro) that's a new one on me???
    Has anyone on here got one of those?

The vid' reporting did remind me of many years ago when I jumped off my 851 onto a then new Fireblade.
    The blade made everything soooo easy it was almost like cheating??
    I still preferred my old school 851 and still do although it's a bit faster these days.
    It's still a "Manual" bike to ride but now has 999R power in a lighter package, handles very well, but does need a fair amount of rider input to hustle it along at highly illegal speeds.
    140 rwbhp in a bike that weighs 350lbs fully wet, with full "Period" WSB Brembo brakes and Ohlins/Maxton suspension anyone?
    I think that I best avoid riding a current top of the line Ducati, it would probably shatter my illusions.

Steve R

• Like Like x 1
  15. Twin injection (shower) yes, twin spark no.

Unless I'm missing something.

16. Mine has two spark plugs. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. A twin spark 748, that’s even more special than a varese 916 build bike, that will move the 748 series price wise :eek::eek::eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Where’s my drill and tap & die set!?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information