1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And Ducati Are Off The Menu Again!

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by El Toro, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Damm I was thinking of picking up Ducati

2. I’ve lost count of the amount of times this has been suggested

it’s almost yearly :laughing:

3. I doubt there would be many takers in the current world.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I don't have access to their books but financally they must be in the black or it would still be availble to the highest bidder.

5. I toured the factory around 10 year ago and could not believe my eyes, just a little bit more advanced than how a hobbyist would build bikes. A quick google confirms that they still do it that way

6. I visited the factory just a few years ago and found their production methods perfectly suited to a diverse low volume product. I think Audi ownership has been good for them. I also visited Norton and found it a money losing joke, all on borrowed time, which turned out to be correct.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I visited the factory in 1999 and then again a couple of years ago. It like night and day. A very well run operation now

• Like Like x 2
  8. The issue as I see it is the VW have put all the money in to grow and up the unit sales globally, which they haven't yet received the benefits from I doubt, and then on top of that Ducati is now so big many can't afford to buy it. I think the investment firms want stuff like MV, the sort of stuff they can buy for £1 and take on the debt, clear the debt and return profit then sell for big money

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information