1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Andalucia (not The Circuit)

Discussion in 'Touring' started by razz, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Seven of us are off to Andalucia next May. I’m on the lookout for hotel recommendations for somewhere between Cadiz and Malaga. It needs to be big enough to be able to offer seven single rooms and can be on the coast or inland. We generally go to places for the roads and scenery, so somewhere near some good roads would be nice. I’ve got hotels and routes sorted out for the journeys down and back. What can you recommend?

2. We stayed at the Hipotel Sherry Park in Jerez when we did a couple of days on the track 3 years ago. Catered for 45 track addicts with no problems and I thought it was an excellent middle priced hotel which had very pleasant grounds with outdoor swimming pools in them. Andy

3. Palacio Garvey is a very good hotel in the middle of Jerez, but probably not what you're looking for, as good for the centre and bodegas, but does (did - best to check) have parking. I know a great place near Ronda, but only 4 rooms.

If you're going from Cadiz to Malaga, the road from Arcos to Ronda is OK, as is the A-366 from Ronda to Malaga. Lovely scenery in the Sierra de Grazalema, if you have time.

The coast is not very nice around here, plus toll motorway. If you must, Tarifa is the southern-most point in mainland Europe, which is wworth doing, if you've come down from North Cape.

4. Hi again. Thanks for the replies. Finding hotels with parking that can do 7 rooms and do not cost the earth isn’t easy. I ended up booking a nice one just outside Seville. Looking forward to some marmalade.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information