1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anglesey Advice?

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by JoePeps, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Got my first trackday at Anglesey next friday and they only have 20 bikes per group which should be good! Just wondered what the garages were like, I'm happy setting up in the paddock if needed but would be nice if there's probably enough room in the garages to nab a space inside.

Is there fuel close by, anywhere for food at the circuit or close by too?

• Like Like x 1
  2. They used to be pretty crap but think they’re were done a couple of years ago and now decent

Cafe if open is ok for food normally. There is a shop within 5-10 min but that’s about all. Not much out that way

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. If you can, go do wales zip-world which isn't far off.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Go Valley for fuel there also is a subway in the spar shop

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Don’t let your Aunty June trap your fingers in the Ford Cortina door and if you’ve got an Octopus 8 inflatable dinghy out in Red Wharf Bay, DO NOT attach a bus inner tube to it, you’ll get pulled out to sea and end up being rescued by the in-shore lifeboat.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Thanks mate top info!
    I'm stopping at a hotel 10 minutes away so will get there nice and early, just be a bonus not having to set up outside as I'm on my own for this one!

I've got a V4S, first time there so booked into the inters but glad the numbers are so low are there shouldn't be any traffic with that few bikes! Been wanting to do it for years but never fell properly for me so really looking forward to this.

7. My mate Craig should be doing the tyres any problems go and see him

8. Should have plenty of room on track with 20 Per Group. I usually carry enough fuel as I can't remember if there is a Fuel Station or not. Their is a Cafe, but not sure whether it's open yet. If everything is in a van, you should be able to get everything in it before you arrive.

Garages are big enough to get 8 - 10 in a garage. However I'm guessing that you'll only get 6 in with the Social Distancing rules by experience @Donny. Garages are similar size.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Great circuit. UK’s Philip Island :upyeah:

If you can get there night before and they still allow track walks, or even on the sighting laps, look for the dots on most corners. They are pretty much turn in point on a bike (or were perfect for me anyway) if they don’t have cones out

#9 bradders, Aug 30, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Circuit is excellent. Surface is fantastic (probably the grippiest in the U.K.)

garages are spot on.

nearest fuel station isn’t very near

• Like Like x 1
  11. Not sure who your trackday is with, but at the Whitham day last week, they weren't allowed any of the garages open unless you had some kind of disability. It was apparently something to do with the circuits license to run days in the current circumstances being 'all outdoor activities'
    No idea if that's been relaxed going forward, or if NL have made other arrangements, but worth assuming you'll be taking a tent and a generator just in case

12. @JoePeps. Keep us posted please RE the Garages. I'm due there too with another TDO soon. Will need to know if a Generator is needed or not?

• Like Like x 1
  13. I quoted a post above from a bloke who was there on Friday but for some reason it’s been deleted?! He said garages were open so hopefully still are.

Weather looks ok at the minute so hoping to get a decent wobble about there!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. 100 % garages are open with 3 bikes per garage

• Thanks Thanks x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information