1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Bike Jacking!

Discussion in 'Stolen Bikes/Parts' started by Rosso, Aug 6, 2017.

1. My friend was riding his mates Multi yesterday Reg VR14 TOY through Prestwich, Manchester.
    A battered old van pulled up next to him at a junction & blocked him in. The passenger jumped out & aggressively shouted at him to get off. 5 lads then jumped out of the back & pushed him off, trapping his leg under the bike. One of the scrotes picked up the bike & rode off without a helmet on.
    He has a 1299 himself but was obviously 3rd party on the mutli therefore no insurance payout.
    Absolutely horrendous situation.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  2. Fucking hell ! :mad:

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Shit dude...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. :mad: Ffs this is getting worse

I read Ducati Manchester had a customer who left and had his bike stolen in a similar way

5. If it's all turning into the Wild fucking West, shouldn't we be armed?

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. WTF is going on? Surely the bike is Data tagged and can be traced, I would have thought!

7. Absolutely out of hand now, Really sorry for your friends situation, Scum just Scum.
    Can only hope he had a tracker installed and has a slight chance of getting the bike back.

8. I hope so, good luck to him and lets hope these scum bags get what they deserve.

9. Hold on. That's theft, not an rta so surely insurance could be convinced to cover it?!

10. Disgusting scumbags. Well done to Theresa May who has according to the Mail closed 40% of the police stations and cut 20,000 police.

Meanwhile people are worried about police chasing the scumbags in case they get hurt. FFS this is out of control.

#10 Jez900ie, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Third party only to ride other bikes. Theft is not covered, but obviously the owner is covered fully comp.
    They are going to initiate discussions tomorrow, let's see..

• Like Like x 3
  12. Disgusting scumbags. Well done to the Theresa May who has according to the Mail closed 40% of the police stations and cut 20,000 police.

Meanwhile people are worried about police chasing the scumbags in case they get hurt. FFS this is out of control.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yeah, he said the whole thing was carried out in a professional manner. I'm sure riding off on a stolen bike without a helmet was part of the strategy.

14. This is getting out of hand the way its going someone is going to be killed,something needs to be done pdq,its bad enough keeping your wits about you riding on our pot holed roads riddled with irresponsible car drivers,we now have to watch out for scumbags when we stop anywhere.Soon we will struggle to get insured on two wheels.

15. Stupid question, but did the van follow the rider when he rode off?

I'm just thinking that the multistrada is keyless isn't it, so would it have kept running until they switched it off or does it cut out after a particular distance?

16. When it stops running

17. FFS!
    Has anyone fitted a remote control kill switch? or small explos ve under the seat

18. Been watching a few jacking on Ytube yesterday and been looking at what to carry for defense ie cordless nail gun, mini drill, rounders bat, knife, cattle prod etc...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. I'm going to tool myself up with one of these:

Watch the feckers squirm when I pull me lighter out!!

It'll be filled with petrol!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information