1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(another) Cracked St3 Bar Riser.

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by Pete m, Jul 12, 2016.

1. My ST3 bar riser has cracked (R/H side), phoned Ducati Preston got quoted £188 for a new un!

I told the guy I thought the price was a bit salty to say the least, he said he'd never, ever in ten years of working with Ducatis heard of this happening. Perhaps he should read any of the forums which cater for ST models.

He said, well your bike is ten years old this stuff happens, I responded with I have an FJ1200 at twenty years old and a 100,000 miles on it and I wouldn't expect that to happen!

Love the bike very much, but that sort of money for a bar riser is absolutely daft, the part in question is rubbish too, there's no meat on it whatsoever around the bolts holes or pinch point.

I'm a little disillusioned with this situation.......

P.S. If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated!

2. Hi

Might be able to help you out here - same thing happened to mine few years back, from memory it was the lhs that cracked so I might have a rhs one (I fitted a set of Ohlins forks and put the earlier top yoke and clip-ons - just put the bike up for sale!) will have a look and get back to you!

Johnny

3. Johnny you may be my saviour!
    Supposed to be going away on it week after next.
    Cheers Buddy.

4. Hi Pete

Your in luck mate! Found it and it is indeed the rhs one I have - see pic (also have the bar if you need it). How does £65 sound including postage ? Always ,meant to stick it on eBay as I know how often these snap (crap cast alloy) but never got round to it. Unfortunately today and tomorrow are bank holidays over here in N.Ireland, but can post it 24hr on Thursday.

Cheers

Johnny image.jpeg

5. Sounds great to me Buddy, I'm just off to work so will PM you a little later on.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

6. Johnny, PM'd you (I think) Buddy.

7. Hi Pete
    Emailed you - I think!
    Johnny

8. Yeah, got it Buddy, It was in my junk folder for some reason.

Sent money through via Paypal Buddy.

9. Thank goodnes.. Thought we were going to get a 'how reliable is your ST' poll ;) lol

Glad you got it sorted :) and withiut spilling blood

10. My STs are reliable, you can rely on them to breakdown.
    My ST2 is of a better quality than my ST3, the 2 has been bulletproof and has silenced a lot of doubters with it's reliability and great finish.
    The 3 has yet to prove itself in this household......

11. My ST2 was terrible

12. You have my sympathies.....
    It's like suffering the death of a thousand cuts........

13. Hi Johnny,

The riser arrived yesterday and is perfect, cheers Pal.

14. Lights on...lights off....reg on...reg off...suspension works..suspension doesn't...I did over 9k miles on it incl ragging it around the ring and left more than my fair share of centre stand and other metal bits all over the uk and Germany. Wheelies were ok too

15. Glad to be of help Pete, enjoy the trip!

Johnny

Do Not Sell My Personal Information