1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Another Ducati 1000 Build

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by buzzer, Jun 13, 2020.

  1. June 2020. I normally build bikes over the winter months... but with Corvid -19 we are not going on any holidays or getting out much so my wife suggested I start my winter project early! I think she prefers me in the garage!


    I bought this bike a few years ago... and over the winter 2018/19 I built it into this you see below... over the summer of 2019 I put quite a few miles on it... and actually loved the bike! it feels light and nimble, handles and brakes really well! I normally sell my bikes on, but this time I decided to keep it. A couple of things bugged me though... The tank I used was a compromise, it looks wrong to me, and although the carb conversion worked well... I felt the Monster 38mm Mikuni CV carbs held it back performance wise.


    So its in for another rebuild/refresh... cosmetic only as I did the engine last time, and that is running well. I will be fitting some 41mm FCR carbs, a new tank (999) and making a new seat. And maybe change the exhaust...


    this build will take some time... but I guess that depends on how corvid 19 affects daily life!


    [​IMG]


    [​IMG]


    [​IMG]


    [​IMG]


    Here are a few pictures from the first rebuild...




    [​IMG]


    [​IMG]


    [​IMG]



    [​IMG]



    [​IMG]



    [​IMG]



    [​IMG]



    [​IMG]


    [​IMG]



    [​IMG]



    [​IMG]



    [​IMG]


    [​IMG]
     
    • Like Like x 12
  2. Been working on making the manifolds from scratch… it’s been quite difficult to get the shape and angles right, while maintaining approximately the same length.. there now though and I am pleased with the results. took a while to smooth the bore with the die grinder where I had penetrated with the TIG welds....

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
     
    • Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. here is the subframe i have been making the last few days… I have deliberately kept it short as this will be a short single seat, which is the next job to do… I have used Rose Joints for no other reason than I just like the look of them!

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
     
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Next the messy job of making a seat, well I actually made two as I couldn’t decide on shape! Its the one thing many people ask how I do it, so I have written a tutorial on it rather than post all of it here.

    here is the link to my blog page


    https://jtccc.wordpress.com/projects-2/tank-and-seat-manufacture/



    So just a few pictures…


    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
     
    • Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information