1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another New Bike!

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Bonkers the Dog, Nov 3, 2021.

1. So here we have it Komrads, a CRF Honda 250 M-E, 2013 model, 2 owners, FSH, currently SORN'd, 10000 miles. After market exhaust, KTM barkbusters, Oxford heated grips. Overall condition excellent. Not a bad purchase for 2600 of your Earth pounds.

It passed its mot yesterday, no adv's, and got new oil and filter as well.

Bought it yesterday from a nice man in Barnard Castle.

I have a plan for it. I intend to convert it for off road use to keep the kids company with their new bikes. I favour an enduro look type thing and intend to get a few farkles to do that, primarily a bash plate, luggage rack with handles and some crash bars. As an off road novice I reckon that will be money well spent. Ill also put some brake guards, chain guides, bobbins, light guard and a radiator brace on it, just to be sure to be sure.

It obviously has a road bias chain and sprockets that I intend to change to lower the gearing and increase low speed handling off road. To that end is it down on the wee sprocket and up on the rear, down on both, or up on both?

I intend to remove the indicators, mirrors, plate, plate holder and any other road gubbins as I intend it for off road only and it will remain SORN'd. I don't see the point in leaving it all on as I will no doubt snap them off in a jiffy!

The seller threw in a set of bigger wheels and some tyres as well. He had the same idea but never got round to it. Not surprised really as I counted 23 bikes in his garage; and I thought I had a bit of an addiction!

The rear wheel is a bit rough and has a broken spoke, the front is good. Is it possible to get these done up in any way ie powder coated, painted or otherwise refreshed? PB030007.JPG PB030006.JPG PB030005.JPG PB030004.JPG PB030003.JPG PB030002.JPG PB030001.JPG

Any other advice, guidance or suggestions concerning the look of the thing, farkle suggestions or general tips would be greatly received as I am new to this off road lark.

Here piccies for ya.

BTD

• Like Like x 4
  2. Nice one

Do Not Sell My Personal Information