1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Another Panigale R For The Forum……

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Expat Jack, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Without boring the arse off you all, I have been hankering after an R for a while, but, owning a V4S already was making my head fuzzy.

Long story short, the V4S is no longer mine and my new (to me) Pani R arrived today (V4 parts for sale shortly). I am smitten. 2015 bike with 4800 miles on the clock.

Why swap out? The V twin is an R that I think will appreciate in time and, most importantly, it just fits me better, being that bit slimmer.

I have loved owning and riding the V4 but it was never going to be a keeper – more a feisty mistress than long term partner. I think the R will change that and it makes a great stablemate for the 748r.

Couple of pics here, more to follow. It has Ducabike clutch cover, Rizoma reservoirs, Oberon clutch. Got all the standard parts as well. Need to get out for a ride now to bed in the new pads and tyres.

Must say thanks to @brettski for letting me have a sit on his R the other week which confirmed the “fit” and especially @cookster for his time and patience and advice.

IMG_2369.JPG IMG_2366.JPG

• Like Like x 34
  2. I think you've made the right choice and it's one that will remind you of that the more you ride it.

Not jealous at all

Bastid :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. WooHoo :) :upyeah:

These things are becoming more common than the 1098R on here. :eyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Just got in after first ride.
    It is lovely.
    What a noise.
    No where near as intimidating as the v4, which is like strapping yourself onto one of Kim Jong-un’s toys, closing your eyes and praying.
    I can actually reach the ground on it.
    And it looks beautiful.
    I am shuffling the bikes as winter approaches but I am extremely fortunate to now own two R’s.
    Next one will be dull in comparison, but it has to be an everyday ride.

• Like Like x 4
  5. 10 a penny

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. @Expat Jack what seat you got mate?? I can only just touch the floor on my dp seat

7. Looks great @Expat Jack and as you said hopefully they will appreciate in time :)

Been out on mine today after not riding it for about 4 weeks, even on tick over it’s sounds angry!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Standard seat. Much slimmer. When I say feet down, I mean foot. ;)
    Luxury for me.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Stunning that .... Very nice:upyeah: I expect it feels a lot more special to ride than the V4 in many ways? And a bonus that it's not going to haemorrhage thousands of pounds... enjoy:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Nice one.
    Enjoy her!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. It’s different and suits me more than the v4. The depreciation (relative lack) is a bonus.
    More vibes on the twin obviously. But, for me at least, on first impressions it’s easier to ride. Both feel special. Red and Ducati. What’s not to like!

12. Teeny bit greedy but well done :):upyeah: much nicer than the Chineesy Pani o_O

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yeah yeah yeah....

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Pot.

Kettle.

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Probably more characterful to ride... suits you more than the V4? ergonomically... How's the weight compared with the V4 ? Vibes are good right.....

16. After riding my 996 then on the pani r it felt like a bloody missile.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Nice one :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. I'm not up on Panigale's at all. Is this an 1199 or 1299, and gen 1 or 2?

I suppose the gen 1 is 1199 and gen 2 1299? Think i got that much right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Gen 1 is glorified S. Gen 2 is an SL1 motor, proper R. Both 1199 but gem 2 just called panigale r, gen 1 is 1199r

• Love You Love You x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. It's a Panigale R so it's the second one and it's 1198 :joy: it has what is basically a Superalgera 1199 Engine (which is an 1198)
    The first was called a Panigale 1199R (lower spec engine) and is an 1199 :thinkingface:
    The 1299 Panigale R was a pretend marketing R and not a real one :eyes:

Simples :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information