1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anthony Joshua Fight * Spoiler*

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Wassy, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth - Mike Tyson

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Trouble is, it’s boxing. Wonder how much people who bet on Ruiz won...

3. Rematch in Mexico City ?

4. Trump will have a tariff on that...

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. They didn't know what they were fighting for.

2nd People's Match required!

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  6. *til you get hit

Loved this result. BBC in meltdown cos their iconic hero just got battered by a fat lad :laughing: AJ's a good a boxer but I've never considered him a great and always thought he'd be in trouble when he gets clipped. Always a bit robotic in his movement. Very much Frank Bruno 2.0. All those lovely big muscles need an equally big gas tank, and he ain't got one. Too much weights and not enough treadmill.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Loads of blokes can now boast that they have the physique of the heavyweight world champion !

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Is there aa rematch in the fight contract? It would be a bit over confident and a big mistake if he hasn't got one. :thinkingface: Anything can happen in a 2 horse race.

• Like Like x 1
  9. @Exige ? :thinkingface:

upload_2019-6-2_10-5-52.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Yes, but it would have been explicit in the terms as he was a stand in. Probably win it next time

11. I think there is a rematch clause. But I won't be betting on an AJ win. He was mauled last night- plenty for him to think about and work on. It's not like it was a punchers chance finish. AJ was gassed.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. I can't say it surprised me. Joshua works on style and fitness but seems a totally lovely guy, at some point someone angry down and dirty was always going to beat him.

When I first saw ruiz standing next to Joshua I thought it was a before and after picture for gym membership and diets but clearly ruiz had the will to win.

13. So a 3rd, 4th and 5th r̶e̶f̶e̶r̶e̶n̶d̶u̶m̶ match required then?

14. DFE553DA-6669-464B-B01E-55E402A28220.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Not unknown in boxing when it's close and the fans want it

I think it was 6 fights: "I fought Sugar so many times I'm lucky I didn't get diabetes" - Jake LaMotta

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. AJ got banged on the top of the head and never recovered. Ruiz did a brilliant job of finishing it.

AJ gets a lot of hate ... i think it's undeserved.

#17 dubcat, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Joshua was well beaten by Ruiz. Shock things happen in boxing, and often are reversed in the rematch. There will be an immediate rematch in Sewptember.

Deontay Wilder & Tyson Fury will be looking forward to meeting Joshua now, or perhaps Ruiz!

18. How can anyone NOT be happy for Andy Ruiz. Seems like a lovely guy :) I say that as an AJ fanboy. "Mum i love you and our life is going to change".. <3

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. The Katie Taylor result was a travesty. Persoon was robbed.

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information