1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Anti Pinch Pin

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Eugen, Aug 2, 2022.

1. Looking to beef up my home security. Pragmasis seem to offer some really good kit. Has anyone used their Anti Pinch Pin with the MultiV4? They do two versions (24mm and 30mm bar diameter) - both look like they could fit through the swingarm.

Any help/experience gratefully received!

2. Cant say on the V4 - but on the V2 I needed the smaller version (only 1mm smaller than standard) that they did for the older Panigale..

I also have the other version of the Pin and it would not go through the axle - there was a reduction in the middle of the axle.

So measure carefully.

upload_2022-8-2_14-7-59.png

3. Many thanks for the info. I suspect that the pin will need to go through the swingarm on the V4S, as the axle isn't an option and the rest of the packaging is really tight. Not a problem if it will fit, of course, and I do take your point about careful measurements! I've bought a section of 30mm round dowel that I'll use as a test piece (and will turn down to the smaller sizes if it won't fit!). What size chain are you using?

4. Why wont the Pin i show go through the axle?

The V2 is also a dual side swing arm

5. You have a fair point! I simply assumed that axle 'hole' would be too narrow. I'll pop out and measure it now. Thank you - clearly age is catching up with me...

6. More news anon...

Snip20220802_1.png

Snip20220802_2.png

7. Yes - looks like V2

Use a socket on an extension bar

I think my 16mm 3/8 drive was 22.5mm OD - and I used that as a guide to check before ordering

8. Will do. Thanks again!

9. Can’t you just feed a chain through the swingarm holes? That what I do with mine.

10. You’re right, of course. Just looking at options, and the Anti Pinch Pin looked like a neat solution! Many thanks.

11. What size chain were you able to fit through the swingarm?

12. Quick update. Firstly, many thanks to Simon (above) who first suggested that I look at the Pragmasis anti pinch pin through the rear axle, as an alternative to through the swingarm and wheel. I've spoken to Pragmasis, and sent them a few measurements of the rear axle and swingarm. I had a pal make me a wooden mock up of both their 24mm ‘regular’ pin and the 22.2mm '899 Panigale special pin’. The smaller pin is 420mm long and (as Simon points out) will fit through the rear axle of the V4S (part number 81910891AA - it's the same part as used for many of Ducati’s double sided swingarm bikes e.g. MTS V2 and 950/899 Panigale/821 Monster/1200 and 1260 MTS Enduro). David Briggs at Pragmais sent me a production ‘special’ pin to try and it works a treat. They're in the process of making a fresh batch, so if you are interested can I suggest you contact David Briggs at Pragmasis directly ([email protected]).

I’m about to lose my current garage and will be moving the bike to a lockup nearby, hence the interest in decent security. Before anyone says it, I’m aware that if a tooled-up thief wants the bike they are most likely to have it, but I don’t see why I shouldn’t make the little bastard’s life as difficult as possible. There’s a tracker fitted but if I can slow them down a bit it’ll be a bonus. I’m planning to use either a 19mm or 22mm chain (probably from Pragmasis, although Almax are equally good). To see what’s possible I bought a couple of 19mm links and whilst you can pass the 19mm chain through the swingarm and wheel, it will be awkward (given the space I have to play with). I’ll probably elect for the through the axle pin, but if I chose to go through the swingarm then using an anti pinch pin (either the 24mm Super Pin or the beefy 30mm new one that Pragmasis have developed) makes more sense to me than manhandling a heavy chain each time.

Pix show the wooden mock up pins, with the 19mm chain links (apologies for poor quality of the images, I was in a rush). The notch on the end of each pin is machined to take a Squire SS65CS padlock (SS80CS on the 30mm pin). If I chose the through the swingarm option then I wouldn’t put both ends of the chain on the same side, obviously. The larger (24mm) pin is 390mm long, and seems to fit well.

Finally, if you know of anyone that’s interested in the anti pinch pin and has a bike with a S/S swingarm that uses the stub axle 819Z0021B (Diavel/Monster 1200/1199 and V4 Panigale/SuperSport/etc) then I understand that Pragmasis are looking into producing a 30mm pin to suit. Again, you’re probably best off contacting David Briggs directly.

Hope this helps.

76543A62-964E-4286-9A49-D661CB2E6A1B.jpeg

2B4BDBC0-03D6-4A56-BDC6-93C78096F5EB.jpeg

89D33C7F-EA3F-4B07-AB15-91BB3FE5476E.jpeg

91622DB5-CB57-473E-AE28-CF195C76305D.jpeg

24ADA90E-0565-4B2D-93B8-0B757AEFA58B.jpeg

7949AE7B-DC73-4F93-8DBE-A6FFA9EC5645.jpeg

99E3E3D9-213B-4DBC-BCEF-1FDA8EE613A9_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Thanks, that is very helpful Eugen :) I have the spoked wheel Multi so being able to fit the pin through the axle would work well for me.

14. +1 on Pragmasis kit. I have a couple of their ground anchors and chains, and they are serious.

15. I use their ground anchor (and they're only up the road from where I live ...... bonus) which is solid

16. Does the anti pinch pin need a ground anchor or can the chain just be wrapped around the wheel and attached to the pin?

17. It doesn’t need a ground anchor, and can be used as you described. Personally, though, I want to lock the bike to something reasonably permanent, so I’ll be using an anchor.

18. Was thinking about locking my bikes together using a pinch pin on each and a chain through both.

19. I can see that working, definitely.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information